Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
We can all speculate as much as we like but the bottom line is barnett isn't gonna be selling jack-sh!t at Millenniums.
I'm pretty sure in saying that if shoreline or bluewater wanted to be a vendor at Millenniums, he would get told where to go, and understandably so.
But let's face it, if the Millennium guys did adopt that line of thinking in excluding barnett, who could criticise them?
Not me, and I doubt anyone else could because there's always gonna be a cost somewhere along the line when you've pis$ed off as many as people as barnett has done.
Today has been a really bad day for barnett that's for sure but let's hope he sees it as a harbinger of things to come as his past deeds come back to exact their revenge.
Knowing barnett's personality, he's gonna reconcile it by accusing the industry of a conspiracy and not for one second is he gonna acknowledge he's merely reaping what he sewed.

Reactions: Spikerz and 777

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
No I get that Barnett won't be handing out anything at Millenniums. But my understanding is that Shoreline, like any other retailer, handles sponsorship on behalf of a company. BZ for Dye for example. So I don't get why this keeps coming back to him.
While it may or may not be due to TB that Valken won't be selling paint at the MS, the reason it comes back to him is because he kept saying that he'd be there handing out the paint. As we say in the Netherlands, he sold the fur before he shot the bear.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
There are bears in the Netherlands? Maybe he paid for the woman before realising it wasn't a woman...well that's more Singapore...

Reactions: Spittlez

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Aye, he did that alright but I think there's more than one factor being brought into play with the decision to exclude barnett from fronting the paint at Millenniums but it would be foolhardy to dismiss any idea that barnett's presence hasn't exactly helped the cause.
There is history at work here that doesn't involve barnett and so it was never gonna be a clear cut decision either way
However, I do think the decision would have gone the same way had barnett not been involved but I'd also be inclined to suggest that as soon as barnett was factored in, it was always gonna be a slam-dunk exclusion from then on.
And this is why I think he's become a real liability for people who have any sort of connection with him.
Bottom line is this, people will now be forced to reflect on their associations with him and inevitably a question will loom large, 'is barnett costing me money and / or hurting my company's reputation' ?
I think as time goes by, people will come to realise he's the sort of person who really needs to be avoided at all costs let alone associate with ... he's an infection not an asset.

Reactions: cheyenne and rexy

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
A lot of you guys who've been reading this thread over the last week or so will be naturally curious as to what exactly went down behind the scenes .. After all, it must have been quite confusing for some of you to read barnett's proclamations of intent to sell his paint at the coming Millenniums on FaceBook etc, and then to read what I was suggesting.

My take on things was, barnett was gonna be selling jack-sh!t at Millenniums contrary to what he was spouting .... it was obvious something had to break ...... and what made matters worse, a day or so prior to me announcing the final decision of the Millennium, we had a guy called janek who works alongside barnett telling everyone the deal had been done and they would be selling paint ....And so, now we had barnett, and janek both contradicting me ..... the tension was almost palpable, not for me I hasten to add, I was quite confident but I might have been deluded, who knows :/
Subsequent events would clarify soon enough .....

At that point, there were of course, two possibilities here, either:-

a) I was wr ---- wro ......either I was wroooon ........ Oh FFS, I have a real problem saying this but either I was wrrrong [ouch] or

b) They were ....

It also beggared the question, if they were wrong, then why the hell did they keep making statements to the effect they were gonna be selling paint when the final decision was yet to be made - It seems ludicrous to put your neck on the line like that but hey, we all do stupid things sometimes, especially myself.
As we all now know, the decision was made to exclude barnett from selling the paint ...

Later today, I'm gonna post up the chronology of events as they happened and how all the factors were brought to bear ....there were of course machinations in the background, wheels with wheels etc ....... and as for the reason?
Some like to suggest it's just politics or business, whatever, but it's all about people dealing with people ......

People will sometimes try to disentangle themselves by suggesting 'it's just business' but this is merely smoke and mirrors designed to extricate themselves from responsibility but we all know, things in business don't happen by themselves.
And the decision to exclude barnett from being able to sell paint at Millenniums was all about reconciling people with business ....

I'll finish the account later on and I will let you guys know when I post it up ... at least it will give an insight into what sometimes goes on in the background of these type events, it will make interesting reading for some ....

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.