Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Over or under bore

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
This has probably been discussed a number of times, but cant see any threads, so with that in mind, what are peoples preferences and reasons?

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
There was one recently, someone posted a poll IIRC.

My advice stays the same - get a decent 689 or 691 bore, shoot everything through it and worry about something else. I use the same barrels with my markers all the time and never change, with the exception of cold winter days when there seems to be excessive breaks, when I use an old J&J ceramic 693, which is ridiculously easy to shoot through breaks with.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
If I'm playing scenario, walk-on and such then I'll usually underbore slightly (only a gentle blow to get it out). Generally will have the time between games to care about doing this, paint tends to be a bit hardier and it's not the end of the world if a random oversized ball results in a break.

If it's one of those rare occasions I'm playing competitively then I'll typically overbore. Paint will probably be more fragile and don't want to have to clean a barrel mid point.

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
I used to bore match, by just blowing paint through barrel.
Nowadays I under bore, with half decent paint I get much better accuracy and better efficiency.