Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

p8ntballer app

sm1thy11

Feb 12, 2014
Darlington
There seems to be an app for everything these days. Either apple, android or windows but all have apps. Just wondering if there will be a p8ntballer app anytime soon. Even if it just tells u when u have a message or someone has posted in a watched thread. Instead of having to log in to see. Think it would be cool as most people don't even use laptops/computers now just smart phones and tablets.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Apps cost a good chunk of money to develop and maintain, I somewhat doubt this forum has enough of an addressable market to justify such an investment.

I use p8nt on the iPad without a single problem, particularly with the recent improvements to the forum software. If you want notifications for messages and posts on watched threads then just turn email notifications on the forum as it is.

sm1thy11

Feb 12, 2014
Darlington
I didn't think apps were that expensive to work and operate. Once u have a nerdy/techy type who knows what they coin. If they were expensive u wouldn't get so many stupid free games lol. There's a lot of members on here I would have thought they would be at least a few who wouldn't mind developing an app. By I wouldn't know where to start sonic it is expensive then fair enough.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
To develop an custom interface application for this specific forum would take a decent amount of time for a developer and time is money. There just isn't much to gain from having a custom app, as I've said above, the notifications demand is easily solved by you changing your subscription/email settings.

Very few forums I'm aware of, even ones with 1000s of active users have then own forum app. Most simply have a tapatalk plugin installed so that users can use that if they wish.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
But.....what would it do? Just go online on your smartphone, or if you have to, use tapatalk. I dont understand what an app would do in this situation?

Reactions: H

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I didn't think apps were that expensive to work and operate. Once u have a nerdy/techy type who knows what they coin. If they were expensive u wouldn't get so many stupid free games lol. There's a lot of members on here I would have thought they would be at least a few who wouldn't mind developing an app. By I wouldn't know where to start sonic it is expensive then fair enough.
There are so many free / cheap games because most are 'assembled' from game design packages, people use them and move on to the next craze
Few are realy free - they are cheap at less then £1 to make the majority buy them, free ones usually have in-app extras that are not free, or they advertise the developers other games.

A forum app has a smaller market. Tapatalk links into the software of many forums, but must be supported by the software the forum uses, or an addon enabled
If tapatalk is not supported, or it does not support features of the forum then custom software would have to be developed

Someone has to buy the development tools, spend the time, possibly get paid, pay to register and publish then hope people are willing to pay to use it. Followed by having to support any problems and keep it updated for the forum upgrades

I don't like forum apps - I find them annoying and limited in functionality
The forum 'app' I use works with every forum - safari, it supports all the features of all the forums I use
Add a shortcut and you're away

Reactions: H

sm1thy11

Feb 12, 2014
Darlington
yeah fair enough, I didn't think it would be hard but literally have no idea, after reading these comments it sounds like it would be a lot harder than I thought. I have no knowledge of things like apps and struggle finding the power button on my laptop. I was just thinking if somebody has the time to make an app like that bloody flappy birds that my kids never stop playing then a P8ntballer app would be cool but I guess its not that simple.

Cheers for the feedback though guys