Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PA league format 2007 and the air issue

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
Well I have spoke to enough team managers/players to announce that the Paintball Association League season 2007 will be Xball format.
I have also talked with myself (I have a split personality disorder) (no I have not)and I think we will have to reduce the number of teams participating in the League to do the thing correctly or risk teams not finishing the season.
To make the final decision on several points we must sort out, we need to have a Managers meeting in the near future, most probably in January.
I will before that date get in touch with all current Managers and if you would like to be considered for a place in next years League please get in touch as soon as possible.
I suspect the cost of entry per team will increase but don’t worry because I believe the cost per player will reduce.
I have also talked with a manufacturing company and they will be making a new fill nipple that meets all applicable criteria that players who wish to take advantage of a 4500psi fill will need, they believe it will be available from early February at a cost to be confirmed, stocks will be available from H-pac and all good paintball shops.

Russ

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
will this "new fuill nipple" be compatible with other rigs than HPAC?
such as site compresors / dive tank rigs?
or do you essentially need to have one bottle (or reg, natch) to play the PA, and another bottle to do whatever you wish with?

this of course is assuming the individual would consider it to be an arse to remove fill nipples from bottles to play different events etc.

or do you envisage this being a nationwide new standard?

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
You are still going to get people changing their own fill nipples - which is an accident waiting to happen (remember the 'exploding' bottle?).

Don't get me wrong - I do see the sense if having different nipples for 3k and 4k5 and maybe even 5k - as I am all for safety.

But, I think that there needs to be some sort of 'exchange' program for bottle owners. Perhaps something along the lines of "take you bottle to an event or shop and have them change it for a small fee (or even free)".

Actually, is this nipple change just for the PA - or for all events? (as Ian already asked - doh!)

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
are we talking about 3000 bottles or all ? i can see the point in changing 3000 fill nipples but why 4500 ?

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
I had the same thought at first Marc. But if someone doesn't change their 3k nipple, then they can still connect to a 4k5 feed.

If the 4k5 nipple changes - then any 3k bottles can't be filled (over filled) on a 4k5 rig (unless they are stupid enough to put a new style 4k5 nipple on a 3k bottle).

Does that make sense?

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Surely changing the 3000psi fill nipple would be more cost effective, as there must be less 3000psi systems in tournament use.