Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PA league format 2007 and the air issue

I stilll have no idea why this needs to be done. For all i can see we have got five pages of discussion because of what the PA think is a good idea. In the grand scheme of things (and i mean this with all due respect) why on earth are people getting upset by what a local tourny series is worrying about. It is an issue that is simply a non event.

There is no need for people to get worried, there is absolutely no need for a change of fill nipple and every need for people to use a bit of common sense. 4500 psi is the norm and i have no intention of going back to 3000psi just because johnny idiot is worried about a risk that simply doesnt exist.

I would take a stab at the fact that 99.9% of all bottle failures have nothing to do with putting 4500psi into a 3000psi tested bottle. Maybe one day people will realise that giving problems to insurance companies only makes it difficult for the rest of us. Tom, i really thought with the knowledge you have that you would have dismissed this concern as absurd without further thought.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
I can see the reasoning behind it, and i also believe it's a bit over the top. But if Russel has been instructed by his insurers that this is a problem, then it won't go away if we ignore it.
I don't think going down the road of getting a special set of fittings made to order is the way to go, as there are suitable items available.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
The other use for high pressure air, scuba, already has a system of preventing accidental filling of a 3000psi bottle to 4500psi inbuilt in the din fill rigs. So this problem has been looked at by the regulatory bodies within the scuba industry.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
I stilll have no idea why this needs to be done. For all i can see we have got five pages of discussion because of what the PA think is a good idea. In the grand scheme of things (and i mean this with all due respect) why on earth are people getting upset by what a local tourny series is worrying about. It is an issue that is simply a non event.

There is no need for people to get worried, there is absolutely no need for a change of fill nipple and every need for people to use a bit of common sense. 4500 psi is the norm and i have no intention of going back to 3000psi just because johnny idiot is worried about a risk that simply doesnt exist.

I would take a stab at the fact that 99.9% of all bottle failures have nothing to do with putting 4500psi into a 3000psi tested bottle. Maybe one day people will realise that giving problems to insurance companies only makes it difficult for the rest of us. Tom, i really thought with the knowledge you have that you would have dismissed this concern as absurd without further thought.
hermitt me ol' mucker long time no speak. :)

I believe this is a europe wide issue and it will affect the milleniums and other series because HPAC as i understand it will be using these fittings at every tourney they supply.

I still think the best solution is to have 3000psi fills. No one has actually given a credible reason for not having them...

Hello matey, good to see your still alive!

I am yet to hear a single reason why this has suddenly become an issue. This sounds to me like a load of rubbish. Oh and by the way on the two ocasions when i used a 3000 fill at the nspl i ran out of gas and so did at least 2 other players. This is a serious step back. I do accept though that the impact would be minimal in xball.

This is absolutely ridiculous and i am surprised to hear that HPAC would only now see this as an issue. It is abundantly clear that this has never led to a bottle failing and is a rash reaction to what, at the moment, appears to be an issue between the PA and their insurance companies. We have been using 4500 and 3000 psi fills for a number of years, why is this only now being raised?

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
7 man is that a credible enough reason ?
Not really.

If tournaments are taking bunkers away and arranging the fields in such a fashion so as to promote exciting play then this too adds another dimension. People have to think about how much they are shooting and if they are actually doing anything with the balls that they are shooting.

Hermitt - i believe the insurers are baying at someones door and that is why this has become an issue.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
Hermitt
It is not just a problem with the PA and thier insurance
Woodland sites that would previously have filled to 4500 are now reducing fills to 3000 for the same reason. This recommendation happened long before the PA looked into it, Genesis (now NPC) events have been preaching and implimenting this all year, even to the point of training people how to fill bottles correctly. A filling accident is more likely to happen at a rec ball site that has own gunners on site than it is to happen at a tournie and as rec ball is the mainstay of the industry if they have a problem then we do too.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Hermitt
, Genesis (now NPC) events have been preaching and implimenting this all year, even to the point of training people how to fill bottles correctly. .
must say i was very impressed with the air safety talk given at teh xmas game....maybe compulsary air safety training for all players and some form of 'air pass' wouldnt be such a bad idea.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Well nothing will happen for at least 10 days, and i can't get any fittings until the new year so, let's see what happens next year.

PS. how's things in Manc land Matt.;)