Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Pack Wearing Techniques

Discussion in 'Tactics and Technique' started by Kwarocks, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Kwarocks Member

Kwarocks
    Message Count:
    I was wondering what is the correct way to wear a pod pack. Is it to put it over your jersey or is it to have your jersey rest on the top?

2. niloc65 Aka Colin

niloc65
    Message Count:
    How quick do you want to get to your paint ???

3. Ninjabreadman Active Member

Ninjabreadman
    Message Count:
    Don't really think there is a correct way as it's whatever works for you. I've seen people with packs upside down, under and over jerseys. Just what suits you best and what you find the most effective.

4. Tom Tom

Tom
    Message Count:
    What is comfortable for you
    Try it either way and see if it affects you removing or replacing a pod

Pod belts are normally worn so that the pod drops - if the jersey is on top is that really going to make a difference to you getting a pod out?

If you have sponsors they may not be keen on you having a lovely jersey with their logos on it and then covering it with a pod pack

It might be raining and you could be keeping your pods as dry as possible so they don't slip out of your hand

Contrary to popular belief in some circles paintball is not a fashion show
    Wear your gear the way that is right for you and allows you to play unhindered

5. BOD The brotherhood

BOD
    Message Count:
    I find the best way is to have my butler carry it and hand me the pods as and when i need them.

6. STONESOLDIER Planet Eclipse

STONESOLDIER
    Message Count:
    On a serious note!!!

most tournaments follow the millenium series rules and you have to have your jersey tucked into your pack with the bottom of the jersey at least 3inches below your pack

other than that you just need to find the correct position for you, i personally pull my pack below my hips and have it just above my bottom, others have it around there wast.

Jamie.JC.Campbell likes this.
  7. Bondage Bunny Stafford Executives #44

Bondage Bunny
    Message Count:
    I never really realised there was a technique for pack wearing aha!

I wear mine just above my waist just about around my belly button over the top of my jersey. The one thing I do often notice at the field I work at is people often wearing the packs upside down (pod lids facing up) I'm not really sure if whether they realise it's upside down or that they just prefer it that way? Maybe they're worried pods will fall out if they're facing down?

8. Davidg31 Active Member

Davidg31
    Message Count:
    Hi

I wear mine on my waist at the back so that I can crawl when needed and it's not in the way, slight downside is it's just a bit extra that's sticking out of cover if you're not careful.