Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Padded back (mainly spine) protection options

Discussion in 'Tactics and Technique' started by Jamie30x, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Jamie30x New Member

Jamie30x
    Message Count:
    I'm returning to the sport but I've also had spinal surgery in the past. I'm a very skinny guy so sadly don't have any natural protection on my back, and I'm wondering if there's anything anyone can suggest that would give me some padded protection on my back, and mainly down my spine? I usually don't wear that much padding for paintball, but a direct hit to the muscles around my spine is probably going to end with me in quite a bit of pain, so I'd like to take a little protection. When I went to a rental day the other week they gave us full body protection but I found these quite bulky and annoying so I'd like something smaller/more fitting.

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

2. STONESOLDIER Planet Eclipse

STONESOLDIER
    Message Count:
    The usual types of body armour that paint ballers wear especially in tournaments is just padded and does cushion the blow a little but I wouldn't say they protect enough for what your situation is
    upload_2016-7-12_11-4-49.png
    upload_2016-7-12_11-5-55.png

Although bulky I think the full body vest you where given when you played is going to be your best alternative

upload_2016-7-12_11-7-56.png

You could also go full Snowboard protection if its that bad

upload_2016-7-12_11-9-35.png

Jamie30x likes this.
  3. Jamie30x New Member

Jamie30x
    Message Count:
    Thanks! The snowboard protection is definitely the type of shape I had in my head.

STONESOLDIER likes this.
  4. KingAresIV Member

KingAresIV
    Message Count:
    This looks just like the chest padding I wear for inline hockey. Do you think that would be sufficient? It is short sleeved though...

5. Gee Tee 1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick

Gee Tee
    Message Count:
    A lightweight motorcycle, equestrian or ski/snowboard back protector will work better for you

I wear a KNOX Aegis back & chest protector under my leathers on track days, but that's too bulky for paintballing. Whatever you get needs to fit properly otherwise it will shift around during play.

[​IMG]