Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball attack in Reading shops

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
im guessing you dont, but if you have a scanner, most come with ocr these days (optical character recognition) meaning that if you put that in, it'd convert ate riting and piccies into a useable/editable worddocument :) (in theory :p)

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
There you go, for your viewing pleasure:

Eleven people hurt in drive-by attack

Paintball yobs strike

Eleven people were injured after yobs armed with a paintball gun took pot shots at pedestrians in Wolverhampton.

Two men in a car blasted random passers-by with coloured pellets in areas including Tettenhall, Bilston and Whitmore Reans. Shocked victims were left bruised and grazed as the pair fired at people and homes from a Volkswagen Polo.

Police today condemned the rampage, which began just before 6pm yesterday, and appealed for witnesses to come forwards.
Four people were hit in the west of the city, and seven in the east. Experts say it was only through luck that no-one was seriously injured in the attacks.

Areas targeted included Rough Hills Rd and Cheviot Rd, Parkfields, Bilston High St (HPAC are based on the high St or near If I'm not mistaken :(), Pickwick Place in Bradley and Villiers Square in Stowlawn.

The popularity of paintballing, where players fire paint pellets from powerful compressed air guns, has rocketed in recent years.
Battles
Battles are often held in woodland, and the guns, known as markers, cost between £100 and £1,000. Players must wear protective clothing, including masks to protect the eyes.

Jim Frensham, director of Wolverhampton-based Warped Paintball, said paint pellets were fired at 300ft per second.
He added: "That's clearly enough for someone to lose an eye. If the police catch these people they should punish them as if they had committed a real firearms offence."

Supt. Mich Treble, of Wednesfield police, sai: "They must have thought it was just a prank, but we are taking this very seriously.
"Regardless of this being a paintball gun, it's still a weapon that no doubt would put the fear of God into people. We're not downscaling the investigation just because it's a paintball gun and we're making efforts to arrest these individuals as soon as possible."

Witnesses should ring police on 0845 113 5000

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Fish said:
im guessing you dont, but if you have a scanner, most come with ocr these days (optical character recognition) meaning that if you put that in, it'd convert ate riting and piccies into a useable/editable worddocument :) (in theory :p)
We have a scanner but it's so old it won't work with my laptop :rolleyes: or even the old PC.

No probs typing it up.

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
as you say, slightly better research. and they called them pellets, which they are, soft gel pellets by definition.

shows if some people put efort into something...

alos, this sounds more serious than the reading one; or at,the police appear to be taking it more so... could just be how i interpret the two different spins the media have put on the stuff of course. :)

cheers rosie

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Fish said:
as you say, slightly better research. and they called them pellets, which they are, soft gel pellets by definition.

shows if some people put effort into something...

alos, this sounds more serious than the reading one; or at,the police appear to be taking it more so... could just be how i interpret the two different spins the media have put on the stuff of course. :)

cheers rosie
Well they were well meladramatic about the reading one...ONE person was shot (hit once & one missed), tho in this case ELEVEN people were hit, & it seems a lot of houses, people & pets etc were shot at & missed.
Is it the case that 1's a tragedy but 10 plus is just a statistic? :p

11.......you've got to be determined
My grandad has a phrase, 'never put down to malice what you can put down to absolute stupidy'

I don't think these idiots would really wanna take out the eyesight of anyone, maybe even a kid; they're just too ******* stupid to realize the concequences for not only the victims but also themselves....

...really, why would you risk getting locked up for something so stupid
I hate stupid people....