Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball barrel camera?

gambo47

Jun 20, 2007
scotland
www.youtube.com
Cams

I have used several makes, models and types over the last five years in paintballing...none are ideal i.e. have good survivability against direct hits, good microphone, good angle of view, sensor image quality etc and even the write speed to memory card is important especially when moving so fast as in paintball. The speed of reacting to light variation too is important. Finally something that is small and not too much aggro to use when wearing goggles etc.
The easiest were the tubular types , the gopro good image but shape and cover were bulky. The Muvi atom is tiny and fiddly but makes a small target, it records frame size 640x 430 at 30fps (not HD) and their HD versions are huge by comparison but have remote controls.
Have fun with cheaper cameras with lower resolution as newer smaller HD versions are not far away and possibly lower in price too. :)

gambo47

Jun 20, 2007
scotland
www.youtube.com
contour

Contour HD 1080p is pretty solid.
The Contour HD was one of the more recent models i tried, The warranty will not cover it for paintballing and although the manufacturers site has paintbaling videos, they told me that it won't survive a direct hit on the front lens and paint may get behind the lens. It has good viideo recordings and easy to use but I had to use the underwater casing to protect it but this reduces the sound quality to nil or a low muffled sound.
I still think it is one of the better cams though if you are prepared to take the risk with the cam being hit.

Timmo619

Feb 1, 2009
Malvern, Worcestershire
I use a Tachyon XC Micro cam, was £100 with head mount velcro from amazon. I brought a special barrel cam mount aswell from australia but the sound is mad, bang bang lmao
Please see my youtube account for videos, Xtinctionpb. Done most on aball field. Other normal cam is Panasonic SRD-26 70 optical zoom :O
I film paintball and grasstrack racing (My brothers sport, like speedway).
Cheers
Thankyou for looking

Timmmmmmaaaaaayyyyyyy!

Fizzgig78

The Cartel
May 17, 2011
London
www.facebook.com
For mounting to my barrel the GoPro is great, sits just in front of the hopper and the 60fps at 720p means I can slow it down and watch the individual paintballs fly to there targets its my newest camera, pricey but I love it!

Before that I used Tacheon XC HD, I got a barrel mount for that but its heavy but gives the option to rail mount it, if your marker allows. Max 30fps at 720p. This little cam is small enough to mask mount as well without even knowing its there.

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
GoPro's al the way, they are rad. We have 15 or so of them at uni and I've taken them out for various duties. I've had them mounted on my bike, to people's chests while sparing all sorts.

Image quality is as good as these little cameras get, they're real robust, waterproof to 50metres or so and super versatile when it comes to mounting them on stuff.

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
I got a Gopro recently and tried it out the weekend on my barrel. It is very good. I have bought numerous different mount and one of these is a chest mount which I plan on using for scenario games. Once I have had a chance to do some editing I will oad it to you tube.

Whilst it was on my barrel, you could hear all the shots aswell as when I had emptied the loader, but could also here the shouting on the field.