Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball CO2 12grams: Is there any difference in performance between the different b

Kazary

Paintball Ro0kie
Jun 26, 2008
Essex
heya guys

Quick question for you CO2 12g users. Have you found any brand to perform noticeably better above other brands you have used? I've seen ones saying they have lube in them to help maintain your gun, but i'm not sure if its just a gimmick, or worse, that the lube may shoot through the guns bolt and after time and building up, give me a nice sticky barrel to lower my accuracy that I'll need to clean ever so often.

The reason i ask this question is I have just recently bought a paintball pistol and I wondered what CO2 12g's would be best for it. If any of you wonder its a 32 Degrees PT Extreme JR, I know not as awesome as a TPX or Tac8/9, but I just wanna mess around with it for a while to see if pistols is my thing

Thanks for any help :)

Kazary

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
If it has lube in it, then chances are it'll never reach your barrel but it's probably best avoided.
Crosman are a reputable brand if that's what you're looking for. The only difference between the 12 grams is the amount of CO2 in them, and even in the known brands, you may get duds and lower fills occasionally.

Kazary

Paintball Ro0kie
Jun 26, 2008
Essex
thank you one.man.band! this is just the sort of reply i was hoping for :) i'll be certain to check that crosman brand out

thank you again

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
Crossman do a range with lube in but they are for airsoft guns. They developed the lube to protect the seals if you convert an air powered gun to run on CO2.

Igotya

Aug 3, 2009
Hampshire
I use the crossman 12g cartridges in my 4.5mm bb target pistol and the lube in them means you do not need to lube the gun components at all it is only a tiny amount of firearm oil and would cause less of a build up than putting a drop of oil in the asa you can see it coming out if you dry fire but i've never found any build up in the barrell or the guns internals

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
If you can see it coming out of your barrel, that's either liquid CO2 or there is most certainly buildup in your barrel. I'd recommend standard paintgun oil and non-lubed CO2 sparklets :)