Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball Fitness Clinic.

op-pompey

Jul 1, 2011
Hello there,
just testing the water here....
As of Easter, I will be a qualified Physical Training Instructor with British Military Fitness, and the reason for me writing here today is to get a feel for who would be interested in a Paintball Specific Fitness Clinic prior to a regular PB one.

What I have in mind is the following...
  • 40-60 minute session.
  • Minimum of 10 players in order to make the session worthwhile.
  • Cardio/Interval and MMA style workout.
This is just the bare bones of it at present, just to guage who would welcome this. I will have to think about the costings of this too.
The Russians do about 90 mins of Fitness training prior to drills, and this is what gives them the winning edge 99% of all the points they play.
If you cant beat them...join them.
Look forward to feedback.
Thnk you.
Rob.

Reactions: Stephen

Stephen

RIP Topcats
Apr 27, 2008
Hertfordshire
I've been to a few BMF sessions myself and thought they were brilliant. So good in fact that I think I had the same train of thought as you.

As part of our training for this session we were going to begin each training with an hour long fitness session, in the same sort of format as what I've had at BMF.

But I think proper fitness training is something that most UK teams are missing. As they say: 'the more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.'

M4rkm93

You stay classy!
Sep 13, 2012
Coventry
Personally I think fitness training should be kept at home and instead focus on the fundamentals, gun skills and drills as much as possible at training. Sure 20 mins at the start of any session should be spent warming up and stretching but when you can do all of the fitness training you need at the gym, etc. it makes much more sense to spend all the time you can playing the game and running drills. If players are commited to being the best they can they will be focusing on their fitness anyway outside of training.