Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball for the Olympics

Sir Mike

of Smeg.
Aug 7, 2011
Worcester
And plenty of likes on Facebook... it's the stupidity factor. People think liking a post on Facebook is enough to sign the damn thing, I've just told people on my wall to stop being lazy and actually sign up to it. Hopefully that'll get the bunch that see mine post to get the ball rolling.

Memphos

Feb 15, 2011
I can't see this happening, ever. Sorry to be cynical but there'd be too much politics involved. Could you imagine the American team vs the Iraqi team?

Sir Mike

of Smeg.
Aug 7, 2011
Worcester
il sign it like everyone else but it wont work as paintball is missing many things thst would make us an real sport
Ahh, but we're not trying to get it recognized as a sport, just an Olympic event. ;)

I can't see this happening, ever. Sorry to be cynical but there'd be too much politics involved. Could you imagine the American team vs the Iraqi team?
And why not? Don't see any countries singling out Germany or Russia. Remember the Nazis hosted the Olympics just prior to starting WW2 and they've been able to compete alongside the other countries without hostility, this year saw North and South Korea competing in the same events. If the Americans are the ones to kick off at the Iraqis, then they should get excluded from that particular event.

Last edited:

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Of all the arguments raised on getting paintball to be a recognised Olympic sport, or even just a recognised sport this petition shows the weakest.

What does the petition aim to do? How will it be presented? / who to?

It may have helped if the originator used the Olympic definition of sport, then could start with aiming towards a single recognised international body. But that possibly falls on the usual first stumbling block.

[URL]http://www.petitiononline.co.uk/petition/paintball-for-the-olympics/4644[/URL] said:
Paintball, its a game many would class as a "day out." Many others would class it as a Hobby, and millions class it as a Sport.
Paintball is played around the world, but it is never recognised as a sport of any form, which many would disagree with.

What is the meaning of "Sport"
sport/spôrt/
Noun:
An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others.

Paintball require's defined skill, it also has extreme physical exertion, which team's compete. So the question is, why is "Shooting" classed as a sport. They do not physical exert themselves, but it require's skill.
Paintball combines shooting skill, with physical exertion. That is why it should be put towards as a sport for the next Olympic game's.

Sign this petition, and send it on to your friends, even if they do or don't play, lets try make a difference, let's try and make paintball a recognised "Sport"

http://www.olympic.org/sports said:
How does a sport become Olympic?
To make it onto the Olympic programme, a sport first has to be recognised: it must be administered by an International Federation which ensures that the sport's activities follow the Olympic Charter. If it is widely practised around the world and meets a number of criteria established by the IOC session, a recognised sport may be added to the Olympic programme on the recommendation of the IOC's Olympic Programme Commission.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Could you imagine American paintballers vs Russian Paintballers?

(Oh - that's already regularly happening)

Or how about Chinese basketballers with an American coach?

(Oh - that's already happended as well)