Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball for the Olympics

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Probably mean September
I mean exactly what I say.

The first episode of the show will be recorded in front of a live studio audience on 22 September, which is a Wednesday.

Note that it will be filmed live, not broadcast live.

The first episode will be broadcast at 9.30pm on Saturday 20 October, and subsequent episodes will be broadcast on subsequent Saturday nights.

The easiest way to remember the date is "The weekend before World Cup" (Cup is 25-28 October).

Now, to get back on-topic, "Getting Paintball In The Olympics" is deader than disco.

If anyone wants to start a thread entitled "Getting UK Paintball Sport England Approval", feel free.

Last edited:

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
While I have always said that paintball sucks as a spectator sport, that is not the biggest issue. After all, sailing circles in boats is also Olympic. Anyone watched that? Boring as Boring McTedious of clan Monotonous.
My point wasn't about whether it's boring to some or not. Cricket is to some, not to others. Same goes for snooker, equestrian events ete.

The point was that in all other sports I can think of, where non-players take a spectator interest, there is a clear focus on a leader or an object. Paintball doesn't have that, except maybe the Formula 5 type of format.

Even if it can be recognised by Sport England, it's never going to gain the same level of awareness as other sports (regardless of how boring or not) as it's just not really watchable by non-players to a similar extent. It's only really active participants that will ultimately get passionate about it, just the way we all do.

Last edited:

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
My point wasn't about whether it's boring to some or not. Cricket is to some, not to others. Same goes for snooker, equestrian events ete.

The point was that in all other sports I can think of, where non-players take a spectator interest, there is a clear focus on a leader or an object. Paintball doesn't have that, except maybe the Formula 5 type of format.

Even if it can be recognised by Sport England, it's never going to gain the same level of awareness as other sports (regardless of how boring or not) as it's just not really watchable by non-players to a similar extent. It's only really active participants that will ultimately get passionate about it, just the way we all do.
Again, "Watchability" is not a factor for an activity to be recognised by Sport England as a sport.

Do you have any idea what it will mean to paintball in the UK if Sport England approves the application?

Reactions: weihrauch hw

vanquishuk

Team Apocalypse
In my opinion i don't think paintball should or ever be an Olympic sport for one reason which is i don't think countries should be shooting each other.
But i would love to watch it on the Olympics, make the Olympics worth watching :p

Last edited:

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Calling Mother Earth, Calling Mother Earth ?? Are you a Tourney Player ? This has got to be the Most Adrenalin honed Sport you could get when your within those Nets, to stay alive, In front of god knows how many people Watching YOU, If you Haven`t ever been a Boxer you`ll never know what I`m talking about, same when you get into that ring, anyway, generally speaking , just say the Federation had the clout to choose any player from any team out there to represent team GB, not just out of those few that turn up on the day for selection, I mean you just know the difference between a player and a damn good one, with perhaps Markie and Twizz who would probably know more than most what to look for ? with everything going through the Federation making it the most prestigious Body the UK could have, and playing the World having the same sort of body in every Country. WOW !!! I could go on and on, of course your always going to have somebody say well I don`t know because it hurts, To 99% of all Paintballers and the rest of the world that would want to be part of this but don`t know about this yet ... BUT very quickly would if it came to light . . . would say " OH Yeah lets get it on "

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
fish mitten is right get recognised here first ,then the wheels start rolling.
we all wish we could run before we could walk.
the olympics will happen just not right now

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Coming from ex (and limited plays) tournament player, I have to say this is the angle I would deffo go down if you want to make it on TV. PSP Chicago the other month saw my wife and I watching it and being quite excited about it (and she has no interest in paintball!).
It is going to be so hard getting rules etc approved internationally before it can even hit IOC - simply because the US has their PSP and they won't give that up without a fight. Trying to choose an international governing body could be tricky - also if we go down the Ledz route, wouldn't that be a conflict of interest as any sponsorship by a committee member could raise questions.
hmmmm