Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball Gum Types?

vDubLeics

Leicestershire Paintballer
Apr 9, 2014
Leicestershire
www.TrueStreet.co.uk
i have been thinking about different paintball guns and thinking what i might want to do next, but there are some bits i have been struggling to find on the forum. its been making me think someone with a good knowledge of different types of markers to make a post (like Paintball Terminology thread)

some markers are self explanatory like mag fed & pump guns but guns like autococker and automag aren't as clear to a newbie. also it would be worth including what advantages/disadvantages & generally why people use them

if there is already a post like this or i have the wrong idea somehow then tell me to shut up :censored:

vDubLeics

Leicestershire Paintballer
Apr 9, 2014
Leicestershire
www.TrueStreet.co.uk
we have this witch is great im thinking of having more of these in one post.

Autococker: The Autococker is a closed-bolt semi automatic paintball marker manufactured by Worr Game Products (WGP). It was one of the first paintball markers to be designed specifically for the sport, and has long been known throughout the paintball community for its popularity and customizability as well as its complexity. It is commonly believed that the closed-bolt design of the marker makes it inherently more accurate than itsopen-bolt counterparts, though this is disputed

MattC

Head of The CPPS Mole Correction Facility.
Nov 11, 2008
I prefer blue Extra myself.... i just dont think you can beat the Peppermint.... Although, back in the day it was Juicy Fruit all the way. I tend to find the flavour doesn't last as long these days though.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I prefer blue Extra myself.... i just dont think you can beat the Peppermint.... Although, back in the day it was Juicy Fruit all the way. I tend to find the flavour doesn't last as long these days though.
Bubble or chewing?

For bubble it had to be Hubba Bubba

No idea what's available nowadays, I'm old

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
some markers are self explanatory like mag fed & pump guns but guns like autococker and automag aren't as clear to a newbie.
Not necessarily so simple a distinction - mag fed and pump are pretty much styles, autococker is a design

Eg many magfeds are pretty much old technology inside, (why need to be flash and hi-tech / highly efficient when the user possibly wants to shoot low capacities and bases their choice on look and the function of the magazine feed?) or there is the dam which has pretty much 'modern' electronic internals and function

The autococker is the bridge between pump and semi auto. It took the function of a pump action, slapped on some complex pneumatics to simulate the users pumping and left some very clever tweaking for people to fine tune to their needs. The autococker had also been the platform for many to retro-fit pump action kits
In my opinion everyone should own an autococker at some point. They are not user friendly for the inquisitive tweaker, but you can learn so much from them
If you ever get one then play with it as if for a while, get to know what feels riht about it, then when ready to tweak change one thing at a time
There is a sudden large learning curve, but one you cross the line you become an autococker king - if it all goes horribly wrong then slap on a pump kit and it's simple again

Autococker are distinct, if someone hears that sound there will be respect floating in the air