Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball in school?

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
Even though its a good initail idea, it wouldnt work in the long run, you think of the absolute idiots that are in high schools today, and give them paintball markers with only 1 or 2 teachers to supervise? Its a time bomb. However, if it was a schooltrip, that would work. My history teacher once took his class down to NPF ( i think it was npf ) to play, to try and make the kids understand slightly how scary it is to be shot at.

One off trips? Thats fine, but actually having it at school? Not practical

Will

Lighthouse

Jul 24, 2013
A more realistic option would be something like laser tag. At least you aren't going to get the horny, show off teenager blinding the stupid kid who took his mask off to pick his nose. Even so, it's not practical or affordable and I doubt it would really catch on.

Paintball should be left to the nutters like us who actively choose to go out and get shot every weekend and have a genuine passion for it.

Reactions: PBWill

Adam97

Jul 26, 2013
Do you think if i told my college about starting a paintball team and going to events like millenium?

Do you think they would fund that, because that sounds freaking amazing?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Do you think if i told my college about starting a paintball team and going to events like millenium?

Do you think they would fund that, because that sounds freaking amazing?
Ask yourself why should they?

University's may adopt teams as a club / society but they won't pay for it.
They may provide access to transport, but other clubs will also be after it
Help with equipment could happen, but would be in the form of a loan to start off
Why would your college that is there to train & educate want to pay for your hobby

Look into the many threads across paintball forums at sponsorship
No one will pay for you to play your game, its an expensive hobby

polar bears

Carlisle Paintball
Sep 2, 2013
Carlisle, UK
In my school we have a Reball option at the end of the year to play and it was set up in the sports hall by Carlisle Reball, I play at the CR sessions now with a team of friends and paintball games after and bought my own kit, but in Schools is seems difficult to keep under control

Ricki_diego

Ricki diego - Evil Twin
Jul 29, 2012
Bristol
Hope you didn't think about it for too long sayers! :D hehe. All the above.
Kids don't use P.E at lower school levels for sports and keeping fit in the U.K, it's used for bunking off or doing nothing. bullys with a paintball markers that would be fun too! .

Ninjabreadman

Aug 19, 2013
Cannock, UK
I work in a school as an Network Technician, I'm talking to the head to introduce paintball as an out of school club, she is more than excited about getting this off the ground, we would be using reballs and ex-site markers to save on money. Looks like we need to raise some big money before we can really take off with it but if you're at school still find a few members of staff who you think would put in there own time and see if they will take off with it.

So long as all the paper work is in order and finalised there should be no issues, I'll let you know when we get closer with this.

Reactions: Sayers

Ninjabreadman

Aug 19, 2013
Cannock, UK
Not if it was a PE lesson and school provided equipment, like they do for other sports... i was thinking along the lines of FT-12s. and having paintball in PE wouldn't effect students spelling?

Wouldn't work in an actual curriculum, to get it into schools it would need to be approved by the governing body for the schools (OFSTED or ORMISTON whatever governing body the school has - This would mean all school would need to agree not just one) which would mean there would have to be specially trained teachers involved, which would mean paying for an extra teacher, equipment, insurance, playing filed, gas, pain ect. The costs would be astronomical, in the school i work at we have 1,400 students. If paintball was introduced all would need to join in... lets just say they all agree (Which they wouldn't, I know grown men scared of being hit were talking children still) each child would go through around 500+Balls an hour, they would need to play at least once a week. so already we have blown the entire PE budget not giving room for other sports. Plus how do you make a lesson from paintball without just running tactics and games.

As mentioned above if you want to start playing paintball at a school whether you're staff or student try and sort out an after school club, there is a way to get it going, just not as a lesson.

Alf0nso

FRAG HUNTER!
Sep 14, 2013
Wales
If you gave me a paintball marker in school, i tell you it wouldn't end well, but nice idea would bring a whole new level to P.E. lol