Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball - Legality and common sense.

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
so long as it isn't visable, and de-gassed... sensible stuff like that... then ther's no reason you cant take your marker on the train.

i used to go from leicester to milton keynes on the train every weekend with all my gear; and never got questioned what was in the giant heavy bag.

*edit* bob, you beat me to it :D *edit*

Luke W

The Firm
Oct 7, 2006
Salford
Reball Legality

Hi,
Didn't want to start a new thread over something that may/may not have already been covered, but can anyone shed some light on the legality of reball, I.E. if i were to practice in my cellar, would I be breaking any laws?

Before anyone says it, I googled it and searched it on here but didn't find anything useful and I thought this would be the best place to post as it is about the legal side of paintball:cool:.

Luke.

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
Hi,
Didn't want to start a new thread over something that may/may not have already been covered, but can anyone shed some light on the legality of reball, I.E. if i were to practice in my cellar, would I be breaking any laws?

Before anyone says it, I googled it and searched it on here but didn't find anything useful and I thought this would be the best place to post as it is about the legal side of paintball:cool:.

Luke.
Its abit of a fragile issue mate,

Bully
The reason paintball is looked at in a good light by the authorities is the "frangible" nature of the paintball. This word crops up every time and is the KEY to paintball. Re balls are hard and NOT paintballs.

Everytime I have been asked I have quoted the same information given by the Home Office in reply to a question I asked about reball

Difficult. The reason we do not consider paintball guns to be firearms is that they are designed to fire a frangible projectile which does not penetrate the skin or cause internal injury. A gun firing a solid ball might be capable of penetration or of causing internal injuries. If it is, then it is a firearm and its use in a paintball game would be highly problematic.

So this is the advice the UKPSF would offer

Steve
http://www.talkpaintball.com/showpost.php?p=106505&postcount=3

Its an apparent grey area as reballs are not fragile and designed to break on imparct. On the other hand there have been/are a number reball places around the country with a couple of Universitys reballing as well as specific centres.

Reballs are designed to be shot at a lower velocity (MAX 220fps) so they act like a more normal paintball and don't hurt (too much) on impact. They do however boumce, alot, so shooting them in an enclosed space wouldn't be a good idea.

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
Just adding :

a) You mentioned jersey there bob - Isle of Man - Paintball markers are still illegal - There is an agreement between the Isle of Man Constabulary and Brewery Paintball Company as an exception, but othern than that still illegal, no licences, etc, just no-no!

b) According to the EXACT letter of the law, having a paintball gun in public with a ball in the breach, whether or not gassed up, is an offence. Paintball guns come under the classification of airgun under enforceable law, and therefore are considered a firearm, it's just that they're not considered a section 5 (prohibited) firearm unless certain other criteria are met, i've researched this in depth, so happy to answer any police-related questions :)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland also requires you to have a firearms licence.

Cus we are all terrorists really................

flec

Mar 12, 2007
Blackpool
In the uk it is illegal for a gun (in our case markers being classed as air rifles) to shoot more than 1 bullet per trigger pull, therefore, all ramping, reactive, full auto modes are illegal in the uk, tho no case has gone up in front of the courts to test this. (this was true from about 3 months ago)