Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

paintball on SKY

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
I was with Tim last night at the UK Scenario Paintball Awards and we had a brief chat about this thread, specifically Al and Lathams posts. The details are a little hazy now, it was very, very late. Or early depending on how you look at it. :whistle:

Suffice to say the feedback has been noted and although he doesn't agree with some of the points raised he appreciates the way in which they were put across.
Glad to hear this Niall. Like Al says the last thing we want to do is just put the show down and see it disappear. The UK and the world for that matter deserves a decent TV paintball show.

I personally think they should get the creative genius that is 'Al Woods' on board. We all know how much talent that guys got for design and awesome ideas in general.

I vote Al Woods for president!

Reactions: helder

rexy

Northern Alliance
Jul 5, 2012
Northampton
I suggest you read the thread from start to finish and you will understand that:
1) Not aimed at bringing new players in.
2) It was self financed, therefor no crazy budgets. If you can do better, go and do it.
3) It is a proof of concept series to gauge the reception before hopefully it gets picked up by a better channel therefore more budget, more sponsors and more polish.
4) Swearing was because the production company said they had to let it be 'natural' and flow as it would, so if they would normally drop swearing into the convo, then they still do. Maybe tone it down without the F words tho.
5) It is shown after 9pm, so aimed at adults.
6) It IS paintball on TV - so woohoooooooooooo :D

So just sit back, watch it, enjoy it and wait for the next season once it gets picked up :D
1) said it "should have" i understand its for current ballers but some of the stuff was lost on even on me.
2) i can understand that but its stuff like the background banner being pulled tight so the lights dont reflect off of it, one of those fluffy things for the camera mikes when recording outside so it cuts the wind out and the sound isnt at a different level to compensate.
3) proof of concept is understandable but its a bit dissapointing to read through this thread and one of the sections people like (ETV) is taken from eclispe's youtube channel from nearly a year ago.
4) swearing just brings the tone down its not that hard not to swear in conversation, really does look unprofessional considering the host and few of the panel deal alot with the general public,
5) the time its shown is irrelivant, theres a fair few ballers these days are 16/17 plus theres also no age verification for the video's online which can be watched at any time of the day by anyone.
6) im all for paintball on tv but its the bits that get noticed that dont look good to non ballers that could put people off and personally i've watched all of them so far and im struggling to stay interested in watching, id rather be out playing it, talking about it.

7) by far the most important point, this is my personal opinion, what i think, what i think could be improved, feedback good or bad is always useful yet you spent the time to pick apart my opinion, rather than do that could have just said, fair ennough for your opinion and let people watch it for themselves and make there own mind up.

this is no rant or dig, just felt like i had to explain my reasonings behind my opinion.

Gaz #68

Warped #68
May 14, 2010
Wolverhampton
Was interested in the first show to see how it went. Disappointed with the second but more impressed with the third. Agree with others about the swearing, easily avoided and adds nothing whatsoever to the show. Considering its self funded I personally was not expecting the equivalent of a sky sports paintball channel but I do agree with the posts of some of the others that a few tweaks here and there could make a big difference. Will still be watching next week and hopefully with some positive and constructive criticism taken on board it will get better :)

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
I suggest you read the thread from start to finish and you will understand that:
1) Not aimed at bringing new players in.
2) It was self financed, therefor no crazy budgets. If you can do better, go and do it.
3) It is a proof of concept series to gauge the reception before hopefully it gets picked up by a better channel therefore more budget, more sponsors and more polish.
4) Swearing was because the production company said they had to let it be 'natural' and flow as it would, so if they would normally drop swearing into the convo, then they still do. Maybe tone it down without the F words tho.
5) It is shown after 9pm, so aimed at adults.
6) It IS paintball on TV - so woohoooooooooooo :D

So just sit back, watch it, enjoy it and wait for the next season once it gets picked up :D

1.) At times it has felt like it was geared towards people in the industry rather than players.
2.) The background banner could have been a plain white wall and looked better. The photos are great, but they don't look great reflecting studio lighting and with the nasty ass borders.
3.) Granted and the budget was unavoidable this time round. But I still feel that some things wouldn't have cost much to tweak. I.e the Skype call, rather than filming over Tims should using screen caps software. Would have been free and much better quality.Though in that instance in a second season people like Gino should get off there ass and visit the studio.
4-5.) Doesn't bother me in the slightest actually..
6.) Agreed except so was the whole PJ and Duncan thing, oh and Crossfire... doesn't mean they were viewed positively by the paintball community.

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
most famously the great help for heroes flame war of 2012, and the way it came across on the show was an excuse to point the finger at 'other' forum owners and moderators and say how bad an influence everyone is on each other.
Can I just step in here an distance that "flame war" from Help for Heroes.
The issue involved the initiative called Support for Soldiers, nothing to do with H4H. It did however raise £7000 or so over its about 2 years.

Help for Heroes were supported this year by the Scottish Warriors game, which with the phenomenal aid of EVERYONE in UK paintball, including those involved with Support for Soldiers, for the grand sum of £12,000 in the space of a little over 3 months.

Please remember that this was EVERYONE in the whole community that achieved this.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Can I just step in here an distance that "flame war" from Help for Heroes.
The issue involved the initiative called Support for Soldiers, nothing to do with H4H. It did however raise £7000 or so over its about 2 years.

Help for Heroes were supported this year by the Scottish Warriors game, which with the phenomenal aid of EVERYONE in UK paintball, including those involved with Support for Soldiers, for the grand sum of £12,000 in the space of a little over 3 months.

Please remember that this was EVERYONE in the whole community that achieved this.
my bad i stand corrected. either way i'm not looking to dig anything up at all was just mentioning the subject matter.