Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

paintball............or 'airsoft'

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by Varley-TeamScream, Jun 13, 2003.

1. TOOLE Banned

TOOLE
    Message Count:
    easy, strip, clean, build up, Most paintballers do this after every tourney (or at least i do)

2. stongle Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo

stongle
    Message Count:
    Hey, you do realise that if these guys keep going, they're have a post count higher than JoeBob in no time at all!!!!!

And not one question about shooting your marker underwater!:D

Joe Bob, dude get posting!

3. Hotpoint Pompey Paintballer

Hotpoint
    Message Count:
    Jose you have the heart of a true Scientist. Going to test another couple to destruction to allow for experimental error? ;)

What range did you fire your Marker from, what paint were you using and did you chronograph?

Gotta allow for these factors :p

4. JoseDominguez New cut and carved spine!

JoseDominguez
    Message Count:
    Diablo blaze.....260 fps (from last Sunday at least) and about 20 feet away.

Send me a top end one, I'll test that too. :)

5. joe bob copyright '03

joe bob
    Message Count:
    Jose, that sounds like fun!!:D

See what velocity it takes to shatter the casing in one shot too!

Get the pics!

:D :D :D :)

6. joe bob copyright '03

joe bob
    Message Count:
    When is this thread going to the gold board!

7. jimbob New Member

jimbob
    Message Count:
    I used to play paintball, then i discovered airsoft and will never go back. Most of this may only apply to the uk, dues to different laws and attitudes in different countries.

The guns are more accurate, and have a longer range, the people are a lot nicer and more mature. You wont find any airsofters flaming paintball to the extent people on these forums have flamed airsoft. Basically the scene in the UK is the exact opposite to what many of you have described. Paintball is the game big groups of 12year olds play for their end of term treat. Airsoft is what you play when you become more serious about running round the woods shooting people.

Both are fun, its just they cater for different people, paintball is for non-regulars to run about the woods, blasting anything that moves. Airsoft is for people who like to play soldiers, and work as a team. I cannot see how some people have gotten so serious about paintball without giving airsoft a go. The price thing isn't really a factor if paintball sites didnt insist on charging way over the odds for the ammo, much better to smuggle in your own. Anyway you can argue that a really serious airsofter is likely to spend much more on his hobby than a serious paintballer.

Basically i've done both and much prefer airsoft. Most painball games (in the uk) degenerate into a game of "hunt the pack of screaming 10 year olds." Airsoft is mainly played by older, more seroius ex-paintballers.

8. Baca Loco Ex-Fun Police

Baca Loco
    Message Count:
    jimbob, your post is so perfect I halfway think you're a plant.:D
    1--that's good to know. glad to see there's someone who knows what they're talking about in this thread
    2--couldn't have said it better myself
    3--that, and collect really kewl plastic replica guns
    4--which is why you're a softer
    5--have you actually ever been outside your house?
    6--and just how serious are a bunch of grown men who run around in the woods playing soldier and shooting people? are there any female softers or are they relegated to support rolls behind the front?

9. stongle Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo

stongle
    Message Count:
    At the risk of repeating myself.

Take a long hard look around the site, and you will find that probably 90-95% of the posters here on p8, only play Tournament Paintball, on regular flat rectangular fields using inflatable bunkers (NO TREES OR CAMMO). Of course Recball, (or the game for 12 year olds, you so pompously put it), may be considered similar, and in some ways it is, however Tournament or Super Air is not the same game / hobby / sport. As I previously said compare Football to Hockey, both played with a ball, with both games aiming to stick the ball into a goal. That's pretty much were the ingame similarities end, this is the same with Airsoft or Tournament Paintball.

I think you will find that many ballers (and I'd say weekly to regular), do not wish to be associated with anything the glorifies death destruction and chaos, but to emphasise the "sporty side" of paintball. Of course this may have translated into sounding a little harsher than it actually was, you often use criticism as means of distancing yourself.

Yep of course some of the comments were missinformed, but normal play was actually resumed Wednesday night / Thursday Morning, you have displayed exactly the same ill informed traits everybody thought to dispell, and have brought great shame to all the great Bob's (Joe) in this hallowed place.

Should you wish to be enlightened further (doubtful), c'mon on down to Crystal Palace in Mid Sept for the Campaign Cup. Here you will see Tournament Paintball played to the highest level by teams from all over the world.

Spread the gospel a little further.

10. Gadget Platinum Member

Gadget
    Message Count:
    :rolleyes:

All those pages of discussion undone in 9 words. Played.