The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball shoes business

dazafox

uk outlaws since 1995
Oct 7, 2004
Nuneaton
Visit site
paintball shoes or cleats

So it looks like the first batch to be made won't be straps, but laces.

Would just open laces be better like any trainer or would some sort of cover over the laces be good?
My very first shoes where pony high top baseball boots which i got of Allen from sad,they are full leather with plastic short studs.ive just tried getting some more but no one seems to have them.How does slick paintball shoes sound

Tonymicjoe

Master Blaster
Maybe not a big deal for anyone else, but i would say two words to you buddy... "Ankle Support".

Having tried fell running / offroad running shoes, cleats, studs, (all low shoes) i have gone back to the trusty Hi-Tec Magnum. Torn ligaments and a snapped ankle (on two separate members of our team) mean its not worth the risk.

Just my 2 pence worth.

:cool:

Cusack

Oct 17, 2005
Look at football / rugby / anything on even ground, doesn't require ankle support, why do we? other than some dodgy playing fields, if you're playing supair you're on the flat, so building your shoe with more material is gonna be more heavy and restrictive which is gonna be less effective in achieving a REAL paintball shoe. Dye's and JT's are still pretty cumbersome, if you look at any high div player they're wearing sprint shoes or astro trainers at least.

Cetanu

Apr 25, 2006
I think its more for the fact that alot of people are sliding an diving all the time, even more dangerous to the ankles?

Ok yes there is alot of hitting in rugby but to be fair iv'e never hurt my ankles playing rugby, just about everywhere else though

Mag7

Sep 19, 2006
Guernsey
Tanels

Mate

Good work obtaining input from players

The early definitive paintball shoe were 'Tanels' which were a sporty boot / type trainer with excellent grip

Not sure if they still produce them, i think the manufacturers made loads of money & just retired early ... but dont quote me !

Anyone else remember 'Tanels' ???

- just my opinion - & Im not sure the name should be paintball specific though might carry a paintball inference ..... take Spartparts / Autococker / etc .. these dont sound corny ... something like ... 'Blades' or ... something ..