Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball shoes business

Karlito

"Acta Non Verba" - London Fearless Massive
Apr 19, 2005
Brentwood, Essex
probably be a little bit too technical but here goes:

on dry ground studs suck i've found because they don't bite the ground so normal astro-turf boots, cleats etc do the job.
however in mud, cleats etc sucks because there is nothing to bite the mud, so football boots etc are your choice.

soooo why don't you design footwear that you can add blades/studs too..similar to how a football boot is without studs..but the mud would clog it up. design the footwear to incorporate a rail or something that the blades can be slid onto and locked into place???

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
probably be a little bit too technical but here goes:

on dry ground studs suck i've found because they don't bite the ground so normal astro-turf boots, cleats etc do the job.
however in mud, cleats etc sucks because there is nothing to bite the mud, so football boots etc are your choice.

soooo why don't you design footwear that you can add blades/studs too..similar to how a football boot is without studs..but the mud would clog it up. design the footwear to incorporate a rail or something that the blades can be slid onto and locked into place???
all sounds good
or maybe you could do a molded bottom, but with screw-in football boot studs as well, if you don't want to wear the studs that day you could screw them out & screw blanks in (or shorter/sharper studs), even without the studs the molded bottom would grip on hard ground

Just be aware that if you do something like use rails for the cleats, etc, then they will get bent/messed up if you don't protect them with something hense the blanks for the studs

Karlito

Apr 19, 2005
Brentwood, Essex
yeah i was thinking if a rail or screw in studs or something was to be incorporated it'd need to be around the non-flex points of the footwear ie 2 on the heel, 2 located on the met-head area and possibly a couple on the toes area, and instead of running the full length of the boot, run the rail or whatever across the width.

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
Get it as close to a running shoe as poss.

Who cares if your feet get wet, velcro would be ok if its good stuff but if you dont know how to tie laces you should'nt be playing paintball ;)

All this talk about interchangable studs and stuf...more haslle than its worth to be honest. if they were £20 a pair id happily buy a moulded pair, a studed pair and bladed pair.

The cleats out at the moment are too bulky, imo better for rec than tourney.

Put it this way, remember when you were a kid at sports day, couldnt you always run faster in your socks?

Think about it...

Ps, i dont mean play in your socks lol :D

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Nike Blades.

Light, have a velcro that goes over the top of the laces to keep things tight but also at the end of a day you can always undo the laces.

Grip is excellent and other than the times you are walking a lot on hard surfaces (millenniums etc) they are comfy as hell.

http://www.americasteamsports.com/images/product/icon/942.jpg

Mid size gives support but doesn't get in the way.

Tanels were good, but heavy, very comfy around the ankle though with the padding.

Diggers - they were even more padded but heavy and clogged up with dirt, plus the foam of the sole absorbed water like cheap trainers do.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Oh, one thing that paintball boots need which not a lot have is studs/blades that come up the toe of the boot as we do a lot of getting up and running from a crouched/low position, when the foot isn't flat on the ground you need traction on the toes.

Karlito

Apr 19, 2005
Brentwood, Essex
those nike blades- had a look on ebay but can't find any..do you know of any onine companies that sell them in the uk??

martin cooper

Aug 15, 2006
high wycombe, bucks
personally i go with trusty safety boots :rolleyes:
so plastic toe caps (steel is phasing out cus of the amount of amputated toes ect...) would be usefull for us with sensitive toes (ie those dam slabs which i allways kick while walking) also usefull for those who just like to kick people...
also boots are more waterproof than shoes cus of the tallness
magnums dont work for full time use for me...wear out to quick