Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Paintball vs Airsoft (the truth)? Maybe :)....

Discussion in 'Speak your Brains' started by matt gordon, Feb 21, 2015.

?

would you ever consider playing Airsoft too?

1. I already do!

16.4%
  2. Nope, never! Paintball till I die!!!!

44.3%
  3. Maybe.....I'm not closed about the idea

39.3%
  1. Richard (Boots) Playing before you were born

Richard (Boots)
    Message Count:
    I've only just come back to tournament paintball last after a 15 year hiatus and in that time I got Into airsoft through my old team captain . It is a more relaxed day out or night out and some of the best days play I've had was at night in an old laboratory on a Wed evening CQB . There are people that take it very seriously with uniforms and such but it's still a great day out with mates .
    Paintball I find is more competitive the rush of 30 seconds points is like no other but the body is weak and I will end up airsofting more when my body can't keep up with mind .

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  2. Mikee2793 Member

Mikee2793
    Message Count:
    Not played air soft but I know someone who has/does and they said why am I playing paintball?! Haha I do like the idea of the proof of the paint, turning someone yellow kinda proves you hit them haha open to both though see why people prefer one to the other

3. Ngamer Ndowg

Ngamer
    Message Count:
    Played airsoft 2 its ok problem is the out thing for me

4. Kieran Todd New Member

Kieran Todd
    Message Count:
    i have been paint balling a couple times and i have seen videos of air soft but i have no idea why but i have always been more interested in paintball.

5. jonwaa New Member

jonwaa
    Message Count:
    Could this ever happen, paintball vs airsoft tournament? Could be fun!

6. I used to good.Honest UKPSF #7126

I used to good.Honest
    Message Count:
    Three of the uk preds and some very experienced paintballers recently entered an airsoft tournament to promote some new valken products. None of us had played airsoft before and on arrival it did seem like we had entered an army camp. People took it very seriously and we treated it as a bit if a joke. After the first round where we had shot only one player after wandering around for 15 minutes and not seeing anyone we decided to just do what we normally would and just run at a team and work our way around the field. This worked much better and we kept getting lots of kills per round. I gave to say the honesty rule of declaring your hits just does not work. There was one team ( who entered two teams ) that everyone said was cheating the whole day. And they were. I personally shot 5 of them in one game and none of them took their hits that sucked. I then found that if you called your shots and were quite vocal then they walked. The marshalls didn't like this and warned me ???? On the whole some nice enough people with some exceptions. But then just like paintball I guess. We came 3rd out of I think 15. Just missing out on 2nd by one point thanks to sosta losing us a point fir being mouthy :)
    Not bad for a team who had never played airsoft before. I said I'd never do it again because of the amount of cheating that went on. But I've just been asked to do another airsoft tournament in September, slightly different format as it's team against team this time. I'm gonna go do it and win this time then retire from airsoft forever on a winning note.
    It's just not paintball!

Richard (Boots) and STONESOLDIER like this.
  7. STONESOLDIER Planet Eclipse

STONESOLDIER
    Message Count:
    I have never played a tournament in the years I have been playing always skirmish days, You do get the odd cheater but the majority are usually very honest, when people find out you play paintball as well tent to think you cheat a lot so end up cheating if they get into a battle with you, We don't mention the P word when we go :censored:

I guess when it goes to tournaments there is a lot on the line and its to easy to cheat with no visible mark on you

The tournaments have read about are usually just correct entering buildings and time based military tactics

what was the objective of your tournament?

8. I used to good.Honest UKPSF #7126

I used to good.Honest
    Message Count:
    All 15 teams on the field at once in set positions. Then you had to go find the other teams and shoot them. Each person carried a card and when shot they had to bring the card to you. This they did very slowly. The team with two teams obviously joined together which no one liked. We just ran to the edge of the field and kept moving on to other teams. Most teams just stayed where they were and dug in. Which to me seemed stupid because that just relied on people walking into you. The difference in tactics from the paintballers to the airsofters was vast. And if we hadn't ballsed up the first round then I think we could have won quite easily. I think the team v team one coming up will suit us better. Time will tell

9. STONESOLDIER Planet Eclipse

STONESOLDIER
    Message Count:
    Mmmmm ok

I have found that if you have paintball skills your already a Airsoft veteran, The Airsofters don't usually understand snap shooting or swapping hands, they would rather stand out in the open than swap

You should try and me and ledz one day on a normal skirmish site

10. danlaws1895 Platinum Member

danlaws1895
    Message Count:
    I peronally would love to play airsoft, seems very interesting. A little more milsim.