Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintballers Wanted for Channel Four TV Training Scheme!

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
Just want to say a big thank you to you @Harriet and the Channel 4 team for braving the wet and cold with us Bricket. The day was awesome and hope you got some great footage, and even a taste for the sport. Some of you lot were naturals out there on the field. Welcome to this crazy, crazy family!!

Reactions: Shepherd:03

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
As for the account, I write this hastily during a lunch break, and don't want to give too much away, but the day consisted of a mini- tournament between 4 teams, (Race 2, round robbin prelims, followed by finals), a game in the woods and the camera crew taking to the field to experience speedball.
Oh, and on a 'specially designed field' by Bricket Wood which will be used for the winter series round 2. Looked like some PSP/NXL fields had inspired this layout.
It played really well and gave a lot of options for styles of play. Looking forward to seeing how it plays during the winter series.
All teams put their heart into it and a great day was had by all.
I won't say everything about what was filmed and why. Not my place, and the footage should speak for itself.
Should be good viewing though! :D

jaknight

Jack Knight
Feb 23, 2015
Birmingham
How Godo would it be to get paintball on TV! Like mills etc instead of it being on livestream would be good to watch it on Sky Sports!

jaknight

Jack Knight
Feb 23, 2015
Birmingham
As for the account, I write this hastily during a lunch break, and don't want to give too much away, but the day consisted of a mini- tournament between 4 teams, (Race 2, round robbin prelims, followed by finals), a game in the woods and the camera crew taking to the field to experience speedball.
Oh, and on a 'specially designed field' by Bricket Wood which will be used for the winter series round 2. Looked like some PSP/NXL fields had inspired this layout.
It played really well and gave a lot of options for styles of play. Looking forward to seeing how it plays during the winter series.
All teams put their heart into it and a great day was had by all.
I won't say everything about what was filmed and why. Not my place, and the footage should speak for itself.
Should be good viewing though! :D
When does this footage come out?

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
No idea. we are just waiting for it. Think how long it takes to produce even a minute's video from various clips of footage, making sure the right clip is used, the right timing etc etc. Probably will be a few weeks yet.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
How Godo would it be to get paintball on TV! Like mills etc instead of it being on livestream would be good to watch it on Sky Sports!
To be honest, people aren't really interested in paintball on tv

A very small market is interested in watching even international standard tournaments

Paintball has been televised numerous times, the most successful being 'mission paintball'
One series was made by bravo (acable tv network) and no more were made - they just repeated it every now and then. Repeats are free, sending crews out is expensive
It shows the kind of paintball that the average person expects to see, and still pops up on late night schedules
The finale was at the European championships

X-fire also made one series (technically 2 as in the American style they play half at a time)
This was a low budget but with 'flashy' graphics and customised equipment
It was a form of scenario paintball crossed with video games

Tournament paintball has been televised on occasion, it's highly expensive, of interest to a select few and hard to follow
A cable sports channel showed a tournament a few years back

there has even been 'paintball tv' on a 'paintball tv channel' - similar to American public access tv

Paintball will pretty much sit as an occasional element on tv and film - I even managed to 'star' in a movie myth slot when we provided a turret gun for 'how to survive a disaster movie' - on a cable channel. I was vaporised by a flying saucer .... Right beside the cowboy house that Emily booth was rescued from in 'mission paintball'

Reactions: H