Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintballs

digitalman

Apr 21, 2011
Uckfield East Sussex
Not quite sure this is a technical question, but here goes:-

Any recomendations from you guys out there for a good quality but not too expensive paintball to use with my marker, bore size is not too much of an issue as I use an Evil pipe barrel system.

Years ago I was a great fan of Evil paint which flew straight and true, but not seen that round for a long time.

Going to NvS this weekend and would like to get something nice to shoot rather than whats cheapest and closest to the the bunker where I'll have my kit.

Steve

zendeejay

NCLE LOCKDOWN 2011
Sep 24, 2009
Newcastle
I'll side with Cowface on this one, the dark sports tournament paint i was shooting last year was the bees knees, we also trained with some of the lower grade darksports (Recreation Class) which shot like a dream aswell. at this time i was using an Ego 05 with a cure 2 bolt in it. The fill was nice and consitently thick, and the shells broke when you needed it.

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
I've been really impressed with the Sterling Mirage and Shield.

Haven't had a problem with it all year.

I find the Dark Sports massively inconsistent. Half of a box will be OK and then it'll go to pot.

zendeejay

NCLE LOCKDOWN 2011
Sep 24, 2009
Newcastle
At round 1 of the Cpps we were using Mace and Shield by sterling and the consistency was terrible the balls seemes to be shooting all over the place and quite a few of the lads were complaining about breaks in their hopper (all hoppers were rotors, guns shot on the day were geo, geo2 & etek3's) overall we weren't that happy throught the entire day with the paint, this could have something to do with the supplier though.

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
Probably, we get it almost direct from the factory and have shot 1000's of the things and not a single problem.

A good supplier is probably almost more important than the type of paint you buy. Great paint looked after badly will not work well.

edit: I believe Warped are doing Sterling at the Game so it should be looked after pretty well.