Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Painting a a dye rotor help please

Mar 30, 2011
what can i use to paint this black rotor white, is there a spray paint that can do this if so where can i buy it any help would be appreciated :) ill add the decor when the base has colour has worked, any advice or techniques also please feel free the educate me and show me what you have done :)

BaconDude

Rawr.
Dec 3, 2010
High Wycombe
Someone sold a rotor on here that they colored to match their poison ego... But I think they wrapped it in vinyl?? Perhaps look into that. I think spray paint would crack up over time.

obladeo

Platinum Member Lifetime
Nov 27, 2008
In a Shrubbery
Hi theres diffrent ways of doing this.

If you try to prime the hopper straight away without preping it, it won't last long. True it will look good for all of 5 mins.

Clean the hopper with meths or alch
The best way to make primer stick is to score it (probably spelt that wrong lol). It means to put groves into the thing you are painting (i use this on cars allot). Get some sand paper and run it all over the plastic to put groves in (yes it will look like crap after but the paint sorts this). This helps the primer stick 100% better.
Once you have put the primer on allow it to dry. Don't rush to add the paint as you need the primer to be clean (dry).
Next paint away with the above paint and you will know it will last!

You can also use the baking method that we use on cars to make the paint harder and to dry quicker.
Once painted put the hopper in a place thats at 75 degrees for 50 mins (you are using plastic so stick to that or lower temp).
This will make sure all the thinners thats in the paint gets released and the paint becomes harder.

Reactions: rustyneedle uk

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
I would get in touch with Danny at DNCustoms.

You can search for him on facebook (dncustoms), check that page out to see some examples of his work or my buddy Dave's rotor is on here in pics and vids. They will paint almost any design/image/pattern you can think of onto your rotor. He won't tell us what paint he uses, but I don't think it's airbrushed on. They have an artist paint them by hand.

If you only wanted it painted white, I'm sure he'll do a decent price. The average for artwork is £35 but very much worth it imo...

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Anyone ever had anything airbrushed? My mate is fantastic with a n airbrush, and he lacquers his work well, it's just we aint sure if it will withstand a hit. Just wonderin if anyone has any experience....