Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Painting mask Project

Bondage Bunny

Matt D
Sep 18, 2013
Stafford, UK
Wish i'd seen this earlier and I could have offered some advice.

Painting any flexible parts of the mask is not a great idea as when they flex the paint will chip and flake off. You'd have been best only spraying hard plastic sections.
Also before just spraying the mask you should have used a spray paint primer as it helps the actual spray to stick and also show its true color a little better. Then once thats all done and dried as you have done, using a lacquer is vital to get both a seal as well as the shine.

Learnt all this myself when spraying my Proto Axis, I ended up only spraying the lens holder as it was the easiest way.
DSC02178.JPG Haven't got any close ups of the mask itself but here it is in play. Used it for around 5 days of play now and the paint is still holding well, the bits around the proto hinges have chipped due to the hinge itself but cannot be seen once locked.

Edit: Forgot to say though, good job! I actually still like the final outcome of yours and hope it lasts. While your original design would've looked cool too at least the final outcome is certainly unique! It's rare you'll ever see another all glossy red e-vent :)

Reactions: Adam Axford

Adam Axford

Northern Devils Captain #89
Nov 14, 2013
Greater Manchester
Wish i'd seen this earlier and I could have offered some advice.

Painting any flexible parts of the mask is not a great idea as when they flex the paint will chip and flake off. You'd have been best only spraying hard plastic sections.
Also before just spraying the mask you should have used a spray paint primer as it helps the actual spray to stick and also show its true color a little better. Then once thats all done and dried as you have done, using a lacquer is vital to get both a seal as well as the shine.

Learnt all this myself when spraying my Proto Axis, I ended up only spraying the lens holder as it was the easiest way.
View attachment 31663 Haven't got any close ups of the mask itself but here it is in play. Used it for around 5 days of play now and the paint is still holding well, the bits around the proto hinges have chipped due to the hinge itself but cannot be seen once locked.

Edit: Forgot to say though, good job! I actually still like the final outcome of yours and hope it lasts. While your original design would've looked cool too at least the final outcome is certainly unique! It's rare you'll ever see another all glossy red e-vent :)
Cheers mate
Would definitely do things differently if I tried it again!
Like yours! Just hope mine don't end up all peeling etc or they'll be going in a bucket of white spirit to get it all off!

Bondage Bunny

Matt D
Sep 18, 2013
Stafford, UK
Yeah same, Check out Vinyl stickers too if you try something again as they seem to work pretty well too.
And thanks man, I love my mask now :) would love to accent other sections with the purple but don't wanna risk ruining the whole thing by trying too much.

Yeah worse comes to worse white spirit should do the trick :)