Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paris/Chantilly Millennium

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Final Millennium event this weekend. Big one for English paintball with Nexus desperately needing a result to keep their CPL Spot.

Paris Camp Carnage- 5 Vs London Nexus - 2 :(
Polar bears - 5 Vs Outrage -4 0 |

London Tigers - 5 Vs Vision Marseille - 2
Art Chaos Moscow - 5 Vs Breakout Spa - 3

GK Paris - 1 Vs TonTons - 5
Syndicate - 2 Vs Heat - 5

Impact - 5 Vs Comin At Ya - 0
Icon - 5 vs Hellwood - 0

Not the best start for Nexus, but here's hoping they pull it back. Currently they're sat in 15th in the CPL only 4 points behind Hellwood but 24 points ahead of Vision. This means that if they place 14th with hellwood 15th, they would be tie on points, so to ensure safety this year, Nexus need 13th. I say this because I don't know what happens in cases of tied points. I would assume it would go to the highest ranked finish in the year? in which case it would go to hellwood (9th in Bitburg) or could possibly be down on previous seasons rankings, in which case Nexus would edge it. I tried checking the rule book, but LOL.

What else are we expecting this event? Tigers start off with a good win, but against vision who have struggled significantly this year. propping up the bottom of the table. London Tigers currently sit 12th in the table, a good show for a first year team.

In SPL Disruption are currently sat 5th, due mainly to a bad showing in bitburg, where most english teams seem to struggle year in year out. It, unfortunately, is unlikely to see Disruption go up, with Hulk showing strong the entire season through with added roster boosters Marcello Margott and Alex Goldman from the Ironmen. But from Disruptions recent performances at the CPPS, a podium should not be out of reach at all for them.

In Div 1 (I refuse to use the new naming conventions) The Firm are sat in 9th, with 15s in 14th, then Nexus, DV8 and Tigers in 18th, 19th and 20th respectively. The Firm looked set to have a good showing in Campaign, but lost out in the final 16 to the 15s in an excruciatingly close game. With the team they've got out there, they should be a late Sunday team at any event. I expect to see a strong ending to an up and down season for these guys.
Nexus 2 have struggled since their great showing in the first event, so I'm hoping they break this trend this event.

Unfortunately I don't know much about the teams that 15s, DV8 and Tigers 2 are fielding, but as always I'll be hoping that the English teams do well.

What are your predictions? The big question this weekend will be if Nexus stay up in CPL.

I'll try and update this thread as best as I can! But if you've got any news, post up!

Last edited:

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Schedules All in french time - Friday
12:30 Breakout Spa vs London Tigers
12:30 Art Chaos vs Vision Marseille
1:30 London Nexus Vs Outrage Valence
1:30 Polar Bears Tako Vs Paris Camp Carnage
2:30 Heat vs Ton Tons
2:30 GK Paris vs Syndicate
3:30 Impact vs Icon
3:30 Comin at ya Vs Hellwood

Reactions: Tony Harrison

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Nice summary, Dave!

BTW, Chantilly is about an hour in front of us, so deduct an hour from times above for UK time.

This means Tigers play at 11.30 today, and Nexus at 12.30.

I'd tune in a bit earlier in case they are running ahead.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
The firm lose their first game to brussels heat 1-4, win their second against instinct 4-0. Have nexus 2 tomorrow. Nexus 2 won their first game against instinct 3-2 lose their second against heat also 1-4. Both teams need tomorrows win to guarantee Sunday. But bare in mind that there are 4 wildcard spots in Div1 this year.

Tigers 2 beat DV8 3-2, lose to Dynamix 4-2. DV8 lose their second 3-2 to Hellys. Tigers have hellys to play tomorrow to guarantee Sunday.

15's yet to play

Disruption yet to play @ 12:50 UK Time

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Ignore that last update, saw a post on facebook assumed to be from millenniums, was in fact from the last event.