Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paypal issues!!!!!

tim smith

Old skool Rocker.
Jan 26, 2014
wrexham
Hope it's OK to put this here if it's in the wrong place can it be moved. Long story short my PayPal has been hacked so anyone who I've sent money to or sent me money please keep an eye on your PayPal. Also anyone I'm owing payment to please be patient I will get it sorted and sort you out asap.

tim smith

Old skool Rocker.
Jan 26, 2014
wrexham
Hacked mate some chump hacked my laptop and my PayPal been emptied. I've informed my bank as its linked to that so getting g a new card (why I don't know) just means I have to live like a monk for a couple of days lol

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I've informed my bank as its linked to that so getting g a new card (why I don't know)
Because you informed them that someone has hacked and gained access to your card details

New card with a new number and the old one will be blocked

Obvious question - have you notified PayPal and reset details, and reset online banking as well?

Plus reset your email account details / password and any other logins that have been used on your laptop or with similar passwords

It may have been a targeted attack that only gained your PayPal information, but other things may have been recorded that have not yet been used

Do you know how you got hacked? Someone had physical access to your machine, got wifi sniffed, you used a bad link or network ... Etc?
Have you scanned for & cleansed you laptop of any dodgy software?

tim smith

Old skool Rocker.
Jan 26, 2014
wrexham
Yeah I've informed PayPal. First thing I done after the bank. Don't know how they got on laptop I'm no expert. Dropped it at my mates to clean it and stuff. All PayPal said it would take 2/3 days to claim anything back.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Sorry to hear that. I've had similar issues myself, and now I find the best way to access paypal is on a chromebook in "guest" mode.

Phones, windows laptops & desktop PC's have so many programs running in the background you don't know who is spying on you.