Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PE regulator

MARFO

old school baller and shocker fetishist
Oct 25, 2005
Brum
Planet Eclipse regulator.JPG
What version reg is this and how does it differ from the very latest versions. Also, can the reg swivel be swapped for the angled version like on the later Geo and Ego models ?

Last edited:

StewartW

Certified Eclipse Tech
Feb 13, 2012
Scotland
It's either the '06 or the '08, If it's the Etek 1 regulator it should have shims inside it rather than the 08 Spring coil. Easiest way to tell is open it up and look.

Any Pre-SL3 regulator (roughly '10) requires different set configurations to handle Low/High output from bottles where as the SL3 and Sl4 regulators don't. The thread at the top is female on the newer versions, however I think Violent produce an adaptor for it.

As for the swivel collar, I think there might be some compatibility issues but it should work. However sourcing this part could be difficult as they aren't sold.

Reactions: MARFO

MARFO

Oct 25, 2005
Brum
Thanks for the info Stewart.I would like an SL3 or SL4 reg to fit to my latest shocker project and I did ask planet if I could buy one but as you say, Planet dont sell replacement parts for their guns and it isnt the sort of part that is commonly sold on the forums.

The pic I showed is a used reg for sale by a chap in the US who I buy quite a few shocker parts off of which is why I wanted to know more about it.

ps sorry for talking about shockers on the Planet Eclipse forum. :whistle:

StewartW

Certified Eclipse Tech
Feb 13, 2012
Scotland
If you are buying from the US then try violent themselves they produced the sl3,as an aftermarket part

STONESOLDIER

Planet Eclipse
Mar 4, 2007
Manchester, Stretford
Thanks for the info Stewart.I would like an SL3 or SL4 reg to fit to my latest shocker project and I did ask planet if I could buy one but as you say, Planet dont sell replacement parts for their guns and it isnt the sort of part that is commonly sold on the forums.

The pic I showed is a used reg for sale by a chap in the US who I buy quite a few shocker parts off of which is why I wanted to know more about it.

ps sorry for talking about shockers on the Planet Eclipse forum. :whistle:
We do sell replacement parts for our guns most spares infact

we don't sell complete regulators

and Stewart is correct we don't sell the angled Collars as they don't fit correctly on other eclipse markers, Which still doesn't stop people trying to do so, so we just don't sell them

MARFO

Oct 25, 2005
Brum
Hi Stoney, I should have been a bit more clear when I said that you dont sell replacement parts, what I meant was you dont sell the large parts that dont wear out or get damaged such as the regulator, body, gripframe etc

Stewart, thanks for the info on violent pb.They do stock the SL3 which, according to their blurb, is made by Planet especially for them and it has the violent logo on it. It comes in mid pressure (50 - 400psi) and low pressure (80 - 190psi) but it doesnt have the angled swivel on it.

I dont know why nobody makes a 45 degree macroline fitting because im sure they would be sell :unsure:

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
Hi Marfo,
Thanks for your posts.
The reason that we do not sell the swivel collar separately is due to safety implications. Yes they would sell, but not selling them means that the correct parts (e.g. purge control valves) stay on the correct markers and we do not open our collective selves up to any safety implications.
Thanks for your understanding.
Kindest regards,
Nicky T
Planet Eclipse

Reactions: Care_Bears

MARFO

Oct 25, 2005
Brum
Hi Nicky
Yep, that makes sense.

When I said that nobody makes a 45 degree macroline fitting I meant a 45 degree version of the normal 90 degree nickel plated fitting with the 1/8 bsp thread at one end and a 1/4" push fit socket at the other end for the macroline to push in.

If those were available then even the biggest numpty would be able the screw one in on a side exit vertical reg. (probably:confused:) without trying to retro fit a collar onto the wrong reg and risking an unwelcome 800psi clusterf*ck.:(

Thanks for the info chaps. :D