Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PGI (uk)

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
Guys, all fair points and PGI made the right move without a shadow of a doubt. My post was not attacking this move, just replying to Tyger's point about there not being enough events to cover in the UK to justify a UK-only magazine.

The issue of revenue (in particular advertising revenue) is another one and I agree with you that PBUK might be struggling on that front. Only time will tell on that one.

So, no need to defend PGI from my post... you guys did exactly what you needed to in order to survive AND thrive. Luv the mag, subscribe to it and always will.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
I think it's time we stopped bad-mouthing British paintball.....obviously you aren't aware of such fine programmes as X-fire and.......

Taxi for Jose...

I'll get me coat.

I heard about a local Teddy Picnic last month..not a word in teddy bear international, when's TBUK out J-Doe?

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Originally posted by JoseDominguez
I think it's time we stopped bad-mouthing British paintball.....obviously you aren't aware of such fine programmes as X-fire and.......

Taxi for Jose...

I'll get me coat.

I heard about a local Teddy Picnic last month..not a word in teddy bear international, when's TBUK out J-Doe?

Ah, but Mr Dominguez, X-fire is more important than the Campaign Cup. There's no argument.

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by rancid
Ah, but Mr Dominguez, X-fire is more important than the Campaign Cup. There's no argument.
Especially in terms of bringing new people into the game.

wasn't it the guys from OTE that commented on how many bookings they got on the strength of seeing X-Fire and it looking fun.

OK it was generally unrepresentitive and very, very daft, but it was on national terrestrial TV in a decent time slot and people watchedit and wanted to play. Perhaps one of them us a future British Chris LaSoya!

Can't argue with that.

Damn I'm agreeing with Rancid......MEDIC!!!!!:D

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Originally posted by rancid
But Cube, PGI went global because we couldn't afford to keep the mag going just on Britain.

Paintball Monthly - gone
Paintball Adventure - gone
Paintball Games - gone
Paintball Games International - doing ok.

Ad revenue when UK was at its top - £360,000 per annum
UK ad revenue now - less than £30k per annum.

And Syd, how many players are playing in that series of tournies? And how many of them have subscribed to PB UK? PGI could fill 132pp on Britain you're right but this is not the point - we would not sell enough ads, nor get enough cover price sales and subs to pay the bills. We would close overnight.

It will be very tough to keep a UK-only mag going. This is a fact, it's not a personal opinion.

If you're passionate subscribe, cos remember, even if it doesn't work, you'll all get your money back - so nout to lose really.

I don't subscribe, though I do have the PGI saved for me at my WH Smith (still putting the mag in with the GUN mags !!) but reason for quoting you....The list of mags you gave, how many were PGI in another guise.....at least one ;)