Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PGP Valve work

Russell Hill

Just a little bit more crazy than yesterday.
Nov 28, 2013
Southampton
Hello all,

I have an old Sheridan PGP pump which is very slowly being turned into a bolt action sniper, more for looks than performance really, however saying that I was wondering if anyone on here had done any valve tuning on the non-cartridge valve?

So far I have adapted it to run off constant air instead of the small co2s, I have already made myself an RVA and got a good few sets of different springs ready. As the gun is in bits anyway I would like to improve the valve.

So any advice on best way to do it? I have already enlarged the transfer port from the valve to the barrel but other than that it is a un-molested valve.

Thanks

Rusty

Russell Hill

Nov 28, 2013
Southampton
Thanks. I'll give him a shout.

Would still appreciate if anyone else on here has any first hand experiance

Last edited:

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I'm really struggling with getting mine up to velocity, not sure why, I'm good with cockers but for some reason not with this!

Anyhow most valve work is done for one of two reasons, one is efficiency which, since you've switched to constant air you shouldn't need as much as if you were running 12 grams, the other is to get velocity on double barrel builds.

I strongly suggest going to mcarterbrown.com and reading the Sheridan section in the armoury, if the answers not already there post a question and you'll likely have an answer by the end of the day.

Reactions: Russell Hill

Russell Hill

Nov 28, 2013
Southampton
That is an awesome website. Thank you very much! As you say I'm not too worried about efficiency, would rather a better FPS on CA, will have to pick and choose the mods to do! I do know that even with CO2 it was hard to get more than a few shots above 260FPS, have you got an RVA, best thing I did to mine before I started 'pimping' mine! Glad to hear that someone else has a PGP, seems there are very few in the UK!

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Yep I've got an RVA, think my problem is the bore size, I keep trying to pluck up the courage to knock a couple of dents in the barrel to stop roll outs but since getting a new body would be hard I'm not sure I want to risk deforming it.