Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Photography Project: Suggestions Needed!

Luke88

Jul 3, 2015
Hi All,

I am photographer based in London, I have started a project documenting Paintball sites. The guys at Bricket Wood very kindly let me photograph there, you can see some of the images here:

http://www.lukearcherphotography.co.uk/portfolio/tearsheets-and-news/

I'm looking for the next site to photograph and I would love your suggestions on the most visually interesting ones out there.

Any help would be great - I'm forward to a few games on them too!

cheers

Luke

Luke88

Jul 3, 2015
Im not really looking for action shots, but I checked out Paintfest and the location looks great so thanks for the suggestion!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Have a look at the map page on paintball calendar

http://www.paintballcalendar.co.uk/map

That will give you a guide based on places that have tournaments, scenarios etc

Is the project 'paintball sites' or 'sites where there is paintball'?
The latter would allow for the unusuals such as army sites, tunnels etc

Drakelow tunnels near Kidderminster - underground, spooky, some funky rooms such as a TV studio (ex ww2 factory, government bunker etc)

The bunker Exeter, ex raf, couple of buildings and underground bits

My local near Andover, Ironsight urban in goodworth clatford
Based in ex-mushroom farm tunnels it had a mix of indoor and outdoor and a few themed rooms
There are still a couple of rooms gutted by the site fire last year and has re-construction underway in areas so get there as soon as you can for some funky photos

Luke88

Jul 3, 2015
Hi Tommikka,

Thanks for that - great suggestion with the calendar.

I had not even thought of the distinction between 'paintball sites' or 'sites where there is paintball' thats one I will have to think about.

cheers

Luke

Joe Ellis Jr

Jun 22, 2015
Urban sites might be a good one to check out, i think Urbanpaintball are running some events at army training bases with street fighting and CQB etc

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
It depends what you're after - I personally think that there's a nice contrast between Outpost Chester (although Axon Photography has them pretty well covered) and the CPPS site in Penkridge.

Not a fan of the rigged smoke grenade though. Too obvious for my liking. What gear do you use?

Luke88

Jul 3, 2015
thanks for all the suggestions and feedback - I'm taking with and without the smoke, I will decide later what makes the final cut. I use a Mamiya 7 medium format camera.

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
Not a half bad camera! I always preferred the Sinar Norma style of doing things, but recently the film is getting crazy expensive to process correctly, so I've moved to 120 film on the Hasselblad for stills.Do you Photoshop your pictures at all? My F5 still gets used on family outings: