Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Physical Exercise Training

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
try putting ur gear on and running and sliding in the back garden, getting used to doing stuff that you would do in a game until sliding correectly becomes second nature

Equus

Honk! Parp! Toot!
Oct 12, 2001
London
Visit site
My missus made me do ballet after I fooked me shoulder.

It was a damn great laugh. Me, overweight and as gracefull as a stoned elephant clumsily flopping around surrounded by very sexy ladies in rather tight clothing. Gave up after crushing my nuts one to many times doing the floor exersises.

You'd get ridiciously fit if you did it for a while, and be surrounded by some top scenery.

Theldren

Oct 6, 2002
UK
Anything that increases your heart rate would be good .. running, swimming, etc. Situps are cool, will get you a 6-pack and helps with general fitness level. Pushup are only really increases arm strength, useful if you have an old shocker ;) .. but strong arms is useful off-field , e.g. carrying paint boxes :).

I good idea is to make yourself a training scheme, not use some elses. The way to do it is, chose the exercises that you want to do, and do as many as you feel comfortable with, stopping when you:
a) are short-breathed / can't wistle
or
b) your muscles begin to tire. Mark down how many you did
Do this for each exercise leaving time between each for your heart rate to return to normal and have a drink (don't get dehydraited).

Once you have done this and you feel comfortable with the numbers stick to them .. do them 2/3 times 2 weeks, no more. Then re-test how many you can do.

The best exercise is swimming, it uses all muscle groups and increases your heart rate while swimming. This is best done in laps of the pool, no just messing around. Though just being in water is exercising .. as your body resists the water pressure.

Anyway, that's enough from me :)

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Running Machinne........£2500
ER Pack and Tenpots full of Cyclone......... £126

Looking a tit down the gym......priceless.

Gotta do it though, try that for any length of time, and your fitness will come on leaps n bounds.

Although when I explained the game to a Fitness Trainer he suggested carrying a little more bulk (bodyweight), so up your carbo intake and add some weight training to your exercise routine. Evidently this should add extra body mass and protect you for those mad dives n slides (bit like a Rugby player).

My personal fitness regime consists of:

weights 3 times a week
a minimum of 20 miles running a week
a minimum of 40 mins walking on weekdays

This allows me to also drink as much larger and eat as manu curries as a paintballer also needs.

Theldren

Oct 6, 2002
UK
You really do 20 miles running each week Strongle?

But yeah, a trip to a local Gym and possibly a one-to-one session with a personal trainer to find a training scheme will def help :)

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Originally posted by Theldren
You really do 20 miles running each week Strongle?
Yep,

I do like: 6 miles one night, 4 the next, rest day, 6 miles, rest day, then 3 or 4 miles, then rest day.

Repeat.

Although I don't normally do that with the pack on, I do that every know and again, but normally as a speed drill (i.e. jack the running machine upto to about 18 km/h and see how long you can last).

My problem's not my physical fitness, it's my paintball skills.....doh!!!