Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Physical Training

Afroman

one thing u have to work on as a front player is not just sitting/ standing / kneeling in weird postions but also doing things in that position sit behind a chair and practise loading a hopper, cleaning out a barrel, at the m25 league the other day i noticed how difficult it is, i had to reload a hopper lying down... was impossible (i think i got more balls on the floor than in the hopper)

Rember short sprints of up to 50m is best dont start sprinting 400m tracks. The most important thing is to decrease acceleration time, and decrease de-cceleration time, not actually how fast you can run. oh and practise doing things light sit ups with your fully made up gun in your hand (and maybe in your full kit), using that as an extra free weight will help alot especially as you will actually be carrying that come game time)

thats my 1 penny

Afroman!

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
with paintball becoming more athletic on a sup'air field instead of being in the woods back players are now athletic as well.

the portsmouth back line is not 3 lard-arses but are bigger, louder players that do move when the situation requires it.

so for back players do as i do...

eat well - lots of carbs, protein
excercise - i know many back players are un fit but anything aerobic everyday will increase your fitness. i have a x-country strider machine and this has really helped my fitness.
learn to move when playing - and how to move when playing - read the field more

Rich

I was only joking mate ;)

My post was in no way intended to offend any back players, I know that most "larger" ballers have a sense of humour about this sort of thing, perhaps opitomised by Rob Yates' T-shirt:
I may be bigger slower and uglier than you, but I promise I will shoot you before you get there
Back players don't really have the need to play itty-bitty bunkers that front players typically have to, neither do they have the need for such rapid acceleration (required for muggings and fast break outs). This is not to say that these skills are useless as a back player, just that they are better suited up at the front.

A back players time would be better off used training other aspects of their game. Practicing things like re-potting while shooting, sweetspotting shouting loudly (actually a serious suggestion, if your front players can clearly here their back-man it makes one hell of a difference) etc.

Fitness wise, general fitness, strength etc rather than things like flexablilty and acceleration are important.

Richard

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
rich

i don't take offences as i am not that big (unless you compare me to you - what are you now 3ft 5:p :D ;) )

back players may be big but we stop the front players from being lit up like a christmas tree:p