Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Picture sharing

BikerDon

Platinum Member
Jan 27, 2016
Is it OK to use Dropbox or Google Drive or similar to put pictures in my For Sale threads?
I already have accounts in these and other Cloud sharing apps.
You can send links to uploaded pictures to anyone and they don't have to have an account to view the pictures.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Is it OK to use Dropbox or Google Drive or similar to put pictures in my For Sale threads?
I already have accounts in these and other Cloud sharing apps.
You can send links to uploaded pictures to anyone and they don't have to have an account to view the pictures.
Bear in mind that the minimum requirement in the rules is a proof picture, and if it's not in the thread then you aren't realy complying

On a general point with a link to browse the photos, it's then up to potential buyers to click away and go off browsing
If you look through some past sale posts and then think about what ones are good for attracting buyers

does the title give you an idea what's for sale?
(Kit bag sale tells you little - unless it's a bag being sold). If you're on the lookout for a Rotor or Spire then you're going to be looking in the sales that mention them

Does fhe thread show you what's for sale?
A line of embedded pictures lets people scroll the post and see what they want, if they are on a phone then it's much more of a nuisance to have to open more links

It will do you more good to put pictures on a hosting site, or attach them to the thread (scaled to a reasonable size)

If you were to post the proof picture plus a photo of each item then you've satisfied that, and if there are more photos of different angles, details etc then use your preferred method and link

Reactions: BikerDon

BikerDon

Platinum Member
Jan 27, 2016
Great advice Tom, thanks for your help. so it's OK to post just one picture with the username and date in the thread to satisfy the rules then? As opposed to putting the label in every picture?