Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pistols

Sam-McDermott

Jun 8, 2013
Greenhithe Kent
Hi I am looking into buying a paintball pistol but I am stuck between the tippmann tipx and the Tiberius t8.1, I was wandering if anyone has had any experience with either of this pistols and if anyone could give me some advice of the pros and cons of these pistols

Thanks

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Both good pistols:
If you consider using first strike then the Tiberius is first strike ready, but for the Tpx you can get an aftermarket f/s breach and modify the magazines

If you will only use as a sidearm with little use then they measure up against each other, the difference being the tpx takes one 12 gram under the barrel and you carry as many magazines as you like
The 12 gram is not punctured until you pull the trigger so you could carry as a sidearm and never commit a 12 gram (In theory as you would need to chrono)
Depending on efficiency and velocity you get 20+ shots per 12 gram for either pistol so that's 3 or 4 magazines on the one 12 gram. (For the purposes of my comments here I will assume 24 goods shots per 12 gram)
With the tiberius the 12 grams are in each magazine and they are punctured when you load the 12 gram. This means for a quick reload via other magazines you are committing a punctured 12 gram for every magazine you carry. You don't want to store them charged so you are using a minimum number of 12 grams per days play whether you shoot or not

If you plan on using the pistol in game then the Tpx is at a disadvantage in that you can only change 12 gram when it is time. Have a few occasional shots and you can reload your magazines ready, but if you get caught in a firefight you can find your co2 empty at the wrong moment

On 12 gram I preferred the tiberius. With 3 or 4 magazines you can shoot magazine 1, switch to magazine 2 and click the counter on the bottom of magazine 1 to mark it as used once.
Preferably keep magazine 3 spare and go back to number 1 the next time
When a magazine is empty and you have a moment reload from 8 or 10 shot pistol tubes
Once you have used a magazine 3 times (assuming 24 good shots) dry fire a couple of shots, switch magazine and change the exhausted 12 gram (you could skip firing off but when you release more co2 will blow off)
This way with a minimum of 3 magazines you ought to always have a spare magazine ready with paint and co2 if you get in a firefight

Both pistols however have air adaptor options with asa nipples to fit a remote line
For the tiberius the standard air adaptor modifies a magazine which means you are effectively down to one magazine only and have to reload paint every time it is emptied
You can go back to co2 by switching magazine

(Note I have recently seen someone considering a different tiberius 9 adaptor which fits to the back of the pistol. If assumptions are correct this brings the situation onto a par with the Tpx as below)

For the Tpx on air you keep an empty 12 gram in place, and add an adaptor that comes out of the back
This way you can keep on shooting and switching magazines as you wish
So carry as many magazines as you like (and they are cheaper then the tiberius

With the remote adaptor on the Tpx you can use co2 at any time. Recently I used co2 after using air for some time and just lost some co2 while it blew shut the asa valve to seal

When playing pistol I carry magazines, some 8 round tubes to reload the magazines and a standard pod or 2 to reload the tubes
I have also rigged a mini remote line using macro line to an asa mounted to the rail below the barrel. On this I mount a 13 ci cylinder, this is misbalanced and front heavy but frees the pistol from a remote line

With the Tpx when you eject a magazine it falls via gravity, with the tiberius it blows some co2 so is slightly propelled from the pistol

Reactions: Sam-McDermott

Sam-McDermott

Jun 8, 2013
Greenhithe Kent
Wow that was very helpfull thanks, I will mostly be using my bt4 so the pistol will only really be used occasionally if I get caught with no paint in my hopper, from what I've taken from the above both pistols are pretty much equal, which would you recommend if I'm only going to use it every no and again?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
For occasional use they are both perfectly fine, but pricey. It can be personal preference either way

Other paintball pistols are available and much cheaper, but then are not mag fed and are pretty bulky as they are effectively a full size marker running on 12 gram with a short barrel

The Tiberius has a chunky grip to accommodate the magazine with co2 so may not be ideal for people with little hands

I would call the Tpx the best all rounder, and the only disadvantage being if you fire off a whole 12 gram and get caught out changing
Another plus point for the Tpx is that tippmann tech attend many uk events (I don't know if this is the case for speedball as that's not been their prime customer market, but they do plenty of scenario events providing tech support)

Reactions: Sam-McDermott

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I think it will have to be tpx then I have seen a second hand one for £120 with two mags and the case is this a reasonable price?
Im not the best person to ask on prices, but that ought to be a fair price - new price at the moment is around £175

Important thing to highlight though - add a lanyard - you don't want to be looking in bushes at the end of the day when you realise its not there any more

Regarding holsters - I'm picky on these. You will need one if carrying as a sidearm, and you don't want it to be in the way or uncomfortable

Some people like drop leg holsters, im not keen as it puts the weight on your leg, and if its not solid then you not only have a weight on your leg but a loose flapping weight on your leg

I picked up the Tipmann holster, I was not so sure about it but when i tried it out it is well designed and can be switched to various configurations I removed the drop leg element and directly belt mounted it
When i have the 13ci cylinder mounted its not holsterable so I either use a bag, my trouser pocket or keep it in my hand

Sam-McDermott

Jun 8, 2013
Greenhithe Kent
Im not the best person to ask on prices, but that ought to be a fair price - new price at the moment is around £175

Important thing to highlight though - add a lanyard - you don't want to be looking in bushes at the end of the day when you realise its not there any more

Regarding holsters - I'm picky on these. You will need one if carrying as a sidearm, and you don't want it to be in the way or uncomfortable

Some people like drop leg holsters, im not keen as it puts the weight on your leg, and if its not solid then you not only have a weight on your leg but a loose flapping weight on your leg

I picked up the Tipmann holster, I was not so sure about it but when i tried it out it is well designed and can be switched to various configurations I removed the drop leg element and directly belt mounted it
When i have the 13ci cylinder mounted its not holsterable so I either use a bag, my trouser pocket or keep it in my hand

I've been looking at shoulder holsters so the gun will go one shoulder and and the mags the other, I see what you mean about the weight at the front looks good though