Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Planet Eclipse Ego's....?

Ravin_sk

Jan 20, 2009
Dublin
now not every one will agree with me on this but... when i started playing paintball the best marker on the marker was the Ego 5 and i have to say still a good marker, Planet Eclipse followed up with the Ego 6 a good marker but , it was said, not worth the money the Ego 5 was just as good ( just upgrade to Clamping a Feed neck ) . Then came the Ego 7 now this was the marker to have i don't think any maker was as poplar followed up by the Ego 8 , the Ego 7 was still the marker to have the Ego 9 came out and was just as good as the Ego 7 but it was hard to get parts as Planet stopped making parts for the Ego 7 , and this is where the Ego 9 came in to it's owen this was one of the best markers i ever had, was o so good to shoot and felt good to hold . i know of 1 or 2 people who upgrade to an Ego 10 Ego 11 and sold up and went back to an Ego 9 . i my self have only ever owned an Ego 9 and can't comment on the Ego 10 Or 11 .

So my question is this if you could buy one of the Ego's new and could get parts which one would get and why, and what can you tell me about the Ego 10 and 11

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
I still have and use 07 ego, I put in a set of eclipse lazer eyes years back. The only thing I've had to replace other than batteries was the solenoid about a year or so back. I also made sure I got the 07/08 spares kit as well. I've recently added the 50.cal drop in kit.

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
I've shot many an 07 and owned both an 08 and 09.

I really didn't like the 09 to be honest. It felt too big and long when compared to the more compact 08 and 07 and shot exactly the same. It felt to me like the same gun but bigger which I didn't like.

Not shot any post 09 egos so can't comment on them, but would take an 07 or 08 ego any day. Currently shooting a DM9 and very much subscribe to the mentality of buying a second hand older marker for relatively pennies as they shoot just as nice as many nowadays. There's been a definite plateau in markers I feel.

Last edited:

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I've shot many an 07 and owned both an 08 and 09.

I really didn't like the 09 to be honest. It felt too big and long when compared to the more compact 08 and 07 and shot exactly the same. It felt to me like the same gun but bigger which I didn't like.

Not shot any post 09 egos so can't comment on them, but would take an 07 or 08 ego any day. Currently shooting a DM9 and very much subscribe to the mentality of buying a second hand older marker for relatively pennies as they shoot just as nice as many nowadays. There's been a definite plateau in markers I feel.

I agree with everything you say about the 09.

If you can get your hands on an SL74 or SL8R for the right money, you're onto a winner.

Tricky Dicky

Turks
May 9, 2008
Inverness
I've always preferred the 07/08 EGO markers, not sure what it is about them but compared to 10/11 markers I just feel that they shoot so much nicer... But I've also got the problem that i preferred shooting a spool valve over a poppet simply because I like that smoothness in the shot. Quite regularly I would flick between the two.. Using an EGO 07/08 and then swapping back to a GEO for a couple of months.

Just last week I picked up an LV1 and just this Sunday I used it for its first outing. Can quite honestly say that I won't be trading it for a very long time, it's shot is unbelievable; quiet and absolutely close to zero kick. It's what I've always wanted.. The ease of maintenance and reliability of a poppet but yet with the characteristics and shot as smooth (or at least close to) of that of a spool valve.

But to keep on track with the thread if I had not picked up the LV I would most definitely pick up an SL74 or SL8R instead.

Ravin_sk

Jan 20, 2009
Dublin
Well i just got myself an Ego10 and well it outperforms the Ego 9 by miles, i don't know what i seen in the Ego 9 i would recommend an Ego 10 over the Ego 9 any day :)
But you cant go wrong with any of the Planet Eclipse Markers built to last

EELZ

never a trading complaint
Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
I've shot every model year of EGO 05-11

If I were to buy another again , it would be the SL8R without doubt (y)

Jun 11, 2008
LV1 all day. It still amazes me when I take it to the chrono. It's so quiet you convince yourself it's shooting low.
Great feel to it, really like the new foregrip.

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
The LV1 are an awsome upgrade from previous models and they have really designed a great marker - I loved my XSV SL74 without a doubt the best shooter ive owned