Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

planet eclipse geo 3.1

diaboro919

Crimson Baller
Jun 14, 2012
Dorset
aaaah who didn't see this coming ;)

wouldn't be surprised if released along side the GSL. Basically a geo3 with LV1 frame, just without the GSL ups.

its a shame i dont like the feel or look of the LV1 frame. Too long and it doesn't quite feel right in my hands :/

Andy Steele

P8ntball isn't a sport
Sep 2, 2005
manchester
aaaah who didn't see this coming ;)

wouldn't be surprised if released along side the GSL. Basically a geo3 with LV1 frame, just without the GSL ups.

its a shame i dont like the feel or look of the LV1 frame. Too long and it doesn't quite feel right in my hands :/
Apart from it's not an LV1 frame. It just has the look of it.

Mar 14, 2012
No, but the asa is the same, the rubber grips are the same, the air tube is the same...that all saves money for them. Presumably they'll also share the same reg

Eclipse had 3 options really

1. Stay the same as the old geos with macroline - queue everyone moaning at them for not changing anything
2. Adopt the same style as the LV1, share parts, cut down costs, make markers look similar.
3. Go completely macroless, piss everyone with an LV1 off in the process and cost themselves a ton in making different bits for them

Andy Steele

P8ntball isn't a sport
Sep 2, 2005
manchester
The bottom half of the rubber grip on the reg is about all that's the same.

The geo has a different type of frame, thus having slightly different grips, the top of the reg grip is different, the air tube is different.

Ofcourse they share the same reg, as it's a very good reg, why would they put a different one in each model?

I fail to see how them refreshing a winning model is down to cutting costs? It's about improving what's already regarded as very good....that's how planet started, and how they continue to make, design, and improve their markers

Mar 14, 2012
The actual grip looks exactly the same to me, only the top part of the reg grip looks different. Yes the air tube looks slightly different but that presumably is external milling, nothing more. They have different frames but doesn't mean they can't share the same grips, the older Geos and Egos did.

My point was that they refresh their product line i.e the Egos and Geos to match each other which does help them cut costs. Why continue to produce old bits for the Geo when you could update it and use the same as you do on the Ego. I like their way of working. I've only owned Eclipse markers and my next purchase will likely be this. People seemed to be genuinely shocked that when this and the GSL were seen that PE had basically mimicked what they had done on their other stuff

Andy Steele

P8ntball isn't a sport
Sep 2, 2005
manchester
Yes, they do look the same......because they are styled the same(this is also detailed in the specs). The distance between the reg and grip frame is shorter on the 3.1 and gsl than on the LV1, thus needing a different piece.

They have no doubt updated their products to stick with trend. As it always seems about what a product looks like against the actual performance of each marker. The cost factor......literally has nothing to do with the refresh.