Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

playing footwear?

Labouch

Sandana whore!
Aug 12, 2011
Dorset, England
The trail running versions have some teeth on the soles to grip and they are a bit stiffer, which help in the woods when you run into that random rock or tree root. Here's a picture of the ones I'm currently using:

There was a thread on another forum about playing in these, too. I'll see if I can find it.
Yeah I've seen pairs that I would buy, it's just how expensive they are haha, I bought myself some KSO evo's while I was in the states and I love them, but not enough sole to take them into the woods though!

hoot

Mad Sqad Rebels
Sep 17, 2011
Falkirk, Scotland
I've been wearing a pair of moulded rugby boots at CPPS this year. Worked pretty well, plenty of grip and haven't had any complaints. In the woods I'm all about hiking boots though. Amazing ankle support has saved me dozens of times.

I seem to have an issue with my form when I'm running which makes me go over on my right ankle a lot if I'm not careful. It's fine on more or less even surfaces but ridiculous in the woods.

I might splash out on a pair of the Exalt cleats though for next year, just to give them a go.

Sep 15, 2014
When buying 'paintball' shoes its important to consider many factors, playing surface mostly and weather conditions are the main ones.

Grass (dry) - lightweight football boots with blades
Grass (Wet n Muddy) - Football boots with studs
Astro / Millenniums - Soft rubber cleats with the spaces between grips no larger than the size of paintballs so they dont clog up and become redundant after 2 points.
I wouldmlike to add to that, look for trainers with stitching/needlework, they are more durable than the trainers that are glued

mike b

Jan 18, 2015
Football boots grass and for woods hi tec magnums or any style of military boots

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
If you are playing the astro field at CPPS this season, you may able to wear the usual kind of football boots - check with CPPS on their fb page.

For astro, Tesco have some decent own brand trainers for £12. Don't worry, they don't have "Every Little Helps" written on them.

Reactions: Gee Tee