The Home Of European Paintball

Playing tight

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Originally posted by PaintballBudgie
Stongl, shooting offhand with a warp is sweet, just tip on its side. The warp will still feed on its side or even upside down.
aiiiiiighhht, that's the South Central Menace to Society Shooting Stylee thingymabob!

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
very, but one burst in the system and you won't be firing for a while 'cos it's got to be stripped. Purpose made for mags too.........so any other marker needs some messing to get it to work.
Look out for the q loader, looks pretty good, you can fire from any angle (even upside down) for a whole hopper (warp still needs to be fed from a normal hopper.....so it can only fire the paint in the feed system at a funny angle). then it's got to be put right way up and allowed to feed.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
as often as with any other setup........depends on paint/hopper etc.... the warp itself is pretty easy on the paint, but if you've ever had a burst in say a halo......you'll know how much messing about you've got to do, big problem is you are pretty much out of the game......... you can't do a lot about it. How often do you get a burst before the breach?
You play a lot of woods ball don't you JoeBob? do they let you take a spare out with you? and how good is the paint you normally use? (the cheaper rec stuff is usually a lot tougher than tourney paint, so you'd probably be fine). Our team will be using some warps, but only on completely spare markers (for fields with snakes and low lie downs).

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

In my oppinion you should learn to play tighter, instead of getting a warp feed. If you spent your time learning to play 'tight' with a warp feed then im sure you'd find it very hard to switch back to a normal setup and play well.
Practice playing lefty, and practice your snapshooting whilst showing the smallest ammount of yourself as possible for a very short time. As thats all playing tight is! It takes under a second to shoot one or two balls, and thats all you need to hit fools. So dont stay out of cover any longer!
Also if you dont give them something to shoot at, by concentrating on where everypart of your body is (Such as your feet, pack and elbows) then youve got little to no chance of getting tagged..

I think theres a common misconseption about warp feeds, that they make you play tighter. If your technique is good then your hopper should always be directly infront of your head when shooting. This adds NOTHING to your profile!

If you like warp feeds then fair enough, but dont go and buy one thinking it'll improve your game, cos it won't!

Peace :)

DarWood

Dagenham Swarm
Nov 30, 2002
Originally posted by Tommy Gun-Nexus
In my oppinion you should learn to play tighter, instead of getting a warp feed. If you spent your time learning to play 'tight' with a warp feed then im sure you'd find it very hard to switch back to a normal setup and play well.
Practice playing lefty, and practice your snapshooting whilst showing the smallest ammount of yourself as possible for a very short time. As thats all playing tight is! It takes under a second to shoot one or two balls, and thats all you need to hit fools. So dont stay out of cover any longer!
Also if you dont give them something to shoot at, by concentrating on where everypart of your body is (Such as your feet, pack and elbows) then youve got little to no chance of getting tagged..

I think theres a common misconseption about warp feeds, that they make you play tighter. If your technique is good then your hopper should always be directly infront of your head when shooting. This adds NOTHING to your profile!

If you like warp feeds then fair enough, but dont go and buy one thinking it'll improve your game, cos it won't!

Peace :)
Word!
Even when with Storm their influence, and struggle to get me and me bro over to warp was impossible. I wont deny it, for some it works, but for me it didnt. And like Tommy say's, you will lose the ability to shoot left handed over time. Cos lets face it, if your warp goes down (and they do!) you are lost without it, and you lose that ability to keep tight.
As for keeping tight to barricades keep your body as close as hell to that barricade. Love it, enjoy your relationship with it, cos thats the only thing thats gotta stop that paintball hitting ya. As for the gun, keep your arm tight in and tilt the gun into the barricade, dont lean it out. Keep your 1st leg for running slightly infront, this creates balance, allows you to kneel down quickly and makes it easier for you to move to your next barricade, if need be.
DarWood.