Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PMR problem

PhyreX

Mar 3, 2009
Hey,

My PMR has quite a nasty leak and was wondering if you guys offered a repair service at all?

cheers,

Phy

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
With the help from the guys on this forum you should be able to fix the marker your self without posting it to dye.

Do you know where the leak is, back? front? grip frame? out the barrel?

PhyreX

Mar 3, 2009
it comes out from the middle of the grip frame. I relubed the gasket on the noid, and still it leaks. But, when the marker is first gassed up its fine. Fire a few shots and then it starts to leak constantly, every now and then it would stop then after a few more shots it starts to consistently leak.

Any ideas?

Jckk335_crazy

Always reads never posts
Mar 21, 2008
Durham in the North East
Right just had a similar one with my PM7.

Have you changed the #015 sail o-ring and the 3 #020 o-rings
on the outside of the can.

If you have and it is still leaking then I suggest you contact your local shop and take it them to have a good look at it and they can point you in the right direction.

dicksin200

veni vidi vici
Feb 2, 2009
sheffield
dont do this visually

Right just had a similar one with my PM7.

Have you changed the #015 sail o-ring and the 3 #020 o-rings
on the outside of the can.

If you have and it is still leaking then I suggest you contact your local shop and take it them to have a good look at it and they can point you in the right direction.

take the orings of and have a good look at them may look fine when in place but as you remove them you may see nicks cuts ect that you wouldnt see without moving.take them completely off and replace also check the solenoid make sure that the air aint coming from there just strip down (remove the ul frame only two bolts disconect the eyes just so you dont put strain on the wires)till you can see the solly and leave air conected(use a towel to cover up,just in case any bits fly out ie grease ect) turn on air slowly then uncover and you will be able to see if the air is coming out of the solenoid.did this with mine

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
Hi

Check that you dont have the out put pressure on the Hyper-reg set too high. De gass the marker and using the 3/16" allen key, wind the brass adjuster in the bottom of the reg all the way in (clockwise) until it stops. Then unwind the adjuster 3 full turns anti clockwise. This should give you rough output pressure of 150psi. Obviously you will need to adjust this slightly to chrono the marker - however if you find you need to unwind the adjuster more than 1/2 turn, then I recommend that you double check your paint/barrel match, and increase the dwell setting by a few incriments (3-5 is fine).

E-mail me if you have any further problems - eurotech@dyeprecision.com

Regards

Ash Chaplen
DYE Europe

PhyreX

Mar 3, 2009
Ash, just tried that there. Did exactly as you said, it still leaks, but this time it leaked down the barrel ocasionaly.

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
Changing the inner 0 ring on the can section of the bolt may stop the leak down the barrel.

dontchowonthat

Jun 12, 2007
leicester
Hi mate,
my PMR has done this several times in two years. When there is a leak between body and frame its usually solenoid related. Just got back my PMR from a service and its done it again only after using it twice. Changing O-rings or turning down the reg and increasing it just makes it worse. By following these measures you will eventualy blow back the 014 O-ring at the inside front of the manifold :confused:......then the gun will fire on its own :eek:....air will leak from the front and sides :mad:....Oh the fun of it.

You need to send it to someone....its ££££££ for you i'm afraid mate
Lee

Hi Lee,

Sorry to read that you have been having issues, but DYE and our Accredited Dealers always fully back up any of our products. Ash has already posted on this thread offering his advise and email if anyone should need technical assistance.

In regards to your PMR, if your pressures are set too high it is bound to blow orings. There is no common problem with these markers, there are 10's of thousands out there being used by happy customers all around the world.
Once the gun is set up and working well, usually simple regular bolt servicing and lubing will keep it running perfectly. There shouldnt be a need to adjust pressures apart from tweaking of FPS for different paint/barrel matches.

Please feel free to drop us a line at DYE on 0208 649 6330 to talk through anything.

Best regards,

Tommy