Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Poorly Vanguard Demon 2012

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
Hi all,

My demon has never shoot right and has always suffered from being a vanguard product + bolt stick.

I have noticed that when it does "stick" its venting air from the manifold when I fire. A quick off-on from the asa sometimes sorts it out.

It can stick while shooting and it seems like I'm running out of air when I have 2k + full battery or when its been idle for a while.

Im trying to get the manifold off to have a look at the qev and the gits havn't included the right allen key. Any ideas what size I need and or whats the problem ?

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
Hi all,

My demon has never shoot right and has always suffered from being a vanguard product + bolt stick.

I have noticed that when it does "stick" its venting air from the manifold when I fire. A quick off-on from the asa sometimes sorts it out.

It can stick while shooting and it seems like I'm running out of air when I have 2k + full battery or when its been idle for a while.

Im trying to get the manifold off to have a look at the qev and the gits havn't included the right allen key. Any ideas what size I need and or whats the problem ?

Sounds like the diaphragm in the qev is in need of replacing. And while you're at it change the qev blanking plate oring too.
The Alen key needed was never included in the original vanguard set but a loose key was added by the factory. I can't remember the size but I have a box load of them.
To remove the qev use a Stanley blade or pick.

Reactions: Hawkins

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
thanks foot, I think the bolt guide sail oring is worn out also. I'll check out the qev once the allen key turns up.

Whilst your here, the 2013 demon has a sprung bolt. Is there anything stopping me from throwing the same spring on my bolt ?

Thanks Foot

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
thanks foot, I think the bolt guide sail oring is worn out also. I'll check out the qev once the allen key turns up.

Whilst your here, the 2013 demon has a sprung bolt. Is there anything stopping me from throwing the same spring on my bolt ?

Thanks Foot

Some 2012 Demons also came with a spring bolt to reduce FSDO but results showed the spring made no real gains in performance.
So in answer to your question, yes you can retro fit a spring to the guide.