Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Poppet or Spool Valve?

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Brilliant, thanks guys...

Like Niall said, I'm a woodsball player at heart, since I'm not fit enough for a real speedball team and I LOVE big games.
Tempting to turn to a poppet marker simply because of efficiency and many sexy looking guns out there, and the simplicity.

How does everyone feel about the Vanguard Creed? I love the looks and there's been a few going on here recently?

If not, I'm looking for a marker (probably second hand) for around £250 - £350 So real high end markers are out of the question.

For that money buy last years "real high end marker"

They haven't changed much in the last couple of years to be honest.

As for Vanguards, yeah, um, no.

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Care to elaborate Dusty?
On what? Vanguards?

Have a browse, you'll find they're probably one of the most problematic markers out there. It's why they're so cheap in the classifieds, people can't wait to offload them. Don't get me wrong, I haven't owned one (and probably never will) and they seem to be good when you do get a working one but getting that working one is the tricky part.

If you meant last years high end models, well, nothing much has really changed. Most 2011 and 2012 models Dyeclipse guns were the same bar the colour schemes, or very minor revisions.

Last edited:

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Avoid Vanguard markers.
As Dusty said, if you get a working one then great. Poor quality control. Too many problems. No UK support anymore (only people who do still fix them is Foot and a couple of old techs, but they no longer get spares from Frank in USA).
If you get a pre 2013 Demon, then stock up on Diaphragms! Vanguard have no more in stock. They cannot get more. If you have a diaphragm issue and no spares, it is a junk gun or a £150 upgrade to 2013 internals... oh and then they have stopped polishing internals, so you have rough edges that shred orings.
Frank Connell is the worst thing that has happened to Vanguard.

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
If you're starting, ease of maintenance is probably more important than perceived performance.

All modern markers will shoot paint well, the last thing you want when you turn up to play is to discover a mystery leak and spend half your day and most of your spare o-rings trying to solve it.

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Again, listen to Rusty Dusty (see my sly edit?). I'd go for a Planet Eclipse marker ie Etek4 or Etha. Great aftersales support. Loads of spares included with the marker. Robust markers. You will have a fun day of paintball without worry if you go for them.

Last edited:

mikey1975

Morning Wood Walking Dead
Oct 2, 2009
Stockport
Imo buy a planet marker you cant go wrong either etha etek geo ego the support is great you can get the parts and id say every paintball site will have somebody who is clued up with planet markers geos tend to be the least noisey ethas and eteks great gun for the money
Just my view but im slightly planet ocd lol