Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Posting Bottles

dbenson

Platinum Member Lifetime
Jul 22, 2009
Hi guys just wondering if you could give me some advice on posting a carbon fibre bottle through Royal Mail?

Cheers
Dan

dbenson

Platinum Member Lifetime
Jul 22, 2009
Thanks will get some shredded cardboard to pack the box out well. We send turbos out in that so should be safe enough.

Thanks

Hairbear89

Cornwall Paintball Club
Sep 25, 2004
Cornwall
No Royal Mail no longer accept cylinders

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/important-news-about-air-tanks.162232/#post-1473338

Send it via Royal Mail and it may arrive unchecked, but if it gets checked at any point it will be witheld, and the sender could be subject to a fine

Go through the couriers and double check both restricted and prohibited items lists
Having a look through their [RM] website, I think that restriction is only placed on business. http://www.royalmail.com/business/help-and-support/tell-me-about-prohibited-goods. For doomestic customers I don't see the restriction of bottles being on the list.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Look closely. I'm viewing on an iphone and anything but a direct link goes to their mobile page

Empty cylinders used to be ok, then all cylinders were disallowed
There was a potential exemption for 'business contract customers'

I think you are seeing the 'restriction' on business customers with some allowance, but for private customers it's 'prohibited' and the wording may not be clear - look for compressed gas cylinders etc

Search through the forum and you will find people who have had their cylinders intercepted and confiscated
There was at least one guy who refunded the buyer and was trying to trace and get the bottle returned. I have not seen an update to see he was successful

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Try Parcel force? I think they're ok with them which is strange seeing as they're a branch of royal mail.

Hairbear89

Cornwall Paintball Club
Sep 25, 2004
Cornwall
Good old Royal Mail. You'd think they'd have less restrictions considering the bloody price they charge. Use a private courier in this case [if you wish]. Or send via RM and risk them not checking [they rarely do].