Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Proto 2012- how do i clean the eyes...?

Alex bennett

Nov 19, 2012
When i turn on my gun... Green light is on as if there is a ball in the breach...
How do i get to the eyes to clean them as there tucked away pretty good!

Thanks alex

holme118

Eruption
Apr 19, 2010
North Lincolnshire
Have you taken the eye pipe out? If not slide your finger into the breach and you should be able to feel it and pull it out. Otherwise maybe a cotton bud down the feedneck?

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Your eyes are broken mate. If your eye pipe is clean and not cracked and it still isn't working then they need replacing. If you don't feel confident doing this I recommend you send to dye or have someone who knows what they are doing do it for you. Pretty simple job though. Don't you have a manual?

Alex bennett

Nov 19, 2012
Ill try and change it but put a new one in just last week:) ..
Most guns you can just take the eyes out.. Not on the proto !!

Haha

holme118

Eruption
Apr 19, 2010
North Lincolnshire
The Proto is a battery hog, its best to take the battery out when the gun isn't being used. I can see a fresh battery draining in a week even if the gun hasn't been switched on!

Speeder

Very Special Member
Dec 23, 2012
Denmark
Green flashes is either eyes or battery. And it will drain battery like you've never seen before.
The Proto is built so that the bolt will clean the eyes at every shot, so keep your bolt clean, and then your eyes will be as well.

Put in a good Duracell battery, and you'll be good to go.

cono111

Jun 27, 2012
id suggest what this lot said when i had mine i had multiple moments when the battery drained so try that first if not replace the eyes

infiniti11

the be the murdock you must drink anti freeze
Dec 9, 2015
middle earth
watertown.duckdns.org
remove bolt remove eye pipe take out battery unplug eyes unplug solenoid then start unscrewing grip frame oh yeah dont forget to pop out macro lines then away you go start popping out eyes