Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Proto Matrix Rail 2007 PMR 07 - velocity issue

mario_ruja

Oct 14, 2013
Hi all,
I have a PMR 07 and I noticed that shooting velocity on crono is 150-170 fps. It should go up to 300. When I tune it to increase speed i notice that around the bolt I get a hissing sound (air leak). So I can't stretch it over that limit because it gets louder and louder and Im affraid something will break.
Do you have any recommendations on how to fix it? Change o-rings, replace rubber below solenoid, or is it a "normal" PMR thing where I tighten 2 screws and it's all fixed ?

Thank you,
Mario

Apr 14, 2013
Dulnain Bridge, Moray
Hi all,
I have a PMR 07 and I noticed that shooting velocity on crono is 150-170 fps. It should go up to 300. When I tune it to increase speed i notice that around the bolt I get a hissing sound (air leak). So I can't stretch it over that limit because it gets louder and louder and Im affraid something will break.
Do you have any recommendations on how to fix it? Change o-rings, replace rubber below solenoid, or is it a "normal" PMR thing where I tighten 2 screws and it's all fixed ?

Thank you,
Mario
Hi Mario.
Hope this helps.

LEAK PROBLEMS Proto Matrix Rail
AIR LEAKING FROM THE AIRPORT
  • Check the O-ring on the Air system. If needed change a new o-ring and try again. The o-ring normally used is #15 but some manufacturers might use a different size. Consult the manual of the air system you are using.
  • Check that the hose connector is tight. Remove the hose from the connector by pushing the gray plastic towards the connector and pull out hose. Insert a 3/16” allen key into the connector and tighten. If needed remove and apply thread sealant to the thread and re-tighten. If unsure consult expert advice.
  • Check that the end of the hose is cut straight and is not worn out. If needed cut a small piece off the hose with a razor blade and re-insert hose into the fitting. Make sure hose goes all the way to the end.

AIR LEAKING FROM THE HYPER2 REGULATOR
  • First locate the position of the leak
  • For dis-assembly instructions consult the technical section under Hyper2 regulator
  • If the leak is coming from the bottom of the regulator you will need to disassemble the regulator and change the #010 O-ring and the seat on the brass seat retainer mounted inside the Hyper 2 regulator
  • If the leak is coming from the swivel piece where the hose connector mounts you will need to change the two #013 o-rings under the swivel piece or tighten the hose connector.
  • If the leak comes from the small hole in the middle of the regulator there are two possible o-rings. Change the #020 o-ring on the piston and the #007 urethane o-ring inside the body of the regulator
  • If the leak is from the top of the regulator change the #015 o-ring on the outside of the cap

AIR LEAKING FROM THE ASA
  • First make sure that the asa is tightened well into the body of the PMR by removing the Hyper2 regulator and tightening the ASA screw with a 3/16” allen key.
  • Next change the #015 o-ring on the top cap of the Hyper2 and apply a small amount of lube to the o-ring
  • Finally, if above steps don’t help remove the Asa with a 3/16” allen key and change the #012 O-ring mounted on the top of the ASA. Apply a small amount of lube and tighten back together.

AIR LEAKING BETWEEN BODY AND FRAME
  • Leak between the body and the frame can be caused by a couple of things
  • First pull out the Bolt kit and change the #015 sail o-ring and the 3 #020 o-rings on the outside of the can
  • If above doesn’t help remove the frame from the PMR and remove the solenoid by unscrewing the two screws mounting it down. Apply some lube to the seat underneath the solenoid and re-assemble making sure that the solenoid is well tightened into the body and that the eye wire is not pinched underneath the solenoid
  • Last possibility is that one of the gas passages is leaking. Gas up the PMR without the frame attached and try to locate the exact point of leakage. If leak is coming from one of the blocked holes remove the screw, apply some thread sealant and re-attach screw to the body

AIR LEAKING FROM BACK OF THE PMR
  • Check that the bolt kit is tightened all the way into the PMR. If the bolt kit is loose, it will start to leak
  • If above does not solve the leak, remove the bolt kit and change the #020 o-ring on the back part of the bolt. Also change the two #009 O-rings located in the stem of the bolt. Lube well and re-insert the bolt kit into the PMR.
  • Last check that the gas passage blocking screw located on the right side of the PMR is not leaking. If the leak is coming from this hole remove screw and apply thread sealant to it. Make sure to tighten screw well and wait for sealant to dry before re-gassing marker.
  • Make sure the Hyper2 reg is set properly - gas down the marker. Turn the hyper2 reg's adjuster screw all the way in, and then back it out 2.5 turns (NOTE: Starting position is different than DYE and Proto's with LPR's).

AIR LEAKING FROM FRONT OF THE PMR
  • Remove the Bolt kit from the marker and change the #017 o-ring located inside of the can and the #014 o-ring located inside the Manifold Lube well and re-assemble.
  • If above doesn’t help try changing the #020 o-rings located outside of the Can. Lube well before re-inserting bolt kit.

Basically start with o-rings ;)

Reactions: mario_ruja

Foz

Nov 3, 2013
Crawley, West Sussex
I have the same problem with mine, I have replaced the o ring (no 15) as it fits just below the screw thread for the bottle.

But still found the same problem. I have also replaced the hose and connector.