Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

proto rail vs proto rail MaXXed

which would you choose?

• proto rail

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Feb 20, 2015
this is the first high end marker i will be getting (well, one of them at least) and i was wondering if any of you guys can tell me if the rail MaXXed is actually worth spending a bit more on, or should i just go straight for the proto rail as there isnt much difference internally? (first image is proto rail, second is rail MaXXed)

Narkadox

The Man With The Golden Gun
Jan 3, 2013
Internally it's the same marker. The differences are that the Maxxed has:

On/Off ASA
Macro-Line instead of Steel Hose
Lever Locking Feedneck
2 Piece Barrel.

Nothing majorly different, Just makes the marker a little more user friendly. Personally for the sake of £60 I'd get the Maxxed. To buy the ASA that comes with the Maxxed on it's own is £50 so you get your moneys worth out of it.

Feb 20, 2015
Internally it's the same marker. The differences are that the Maxxed has:

On/Off ASA
Macro-Line instead of Steel Hose
Lever Locking Feedneck
2 Piece Barrel.

Nothing majorly different, Just makes the marker a little more user friendly. Personally for the sake of £60 I'd get the Maxxed. To buy the ASA that comes with the Maxxed on it's own is £50 so you get your moneys worth out of it.

thanks man. i'll mainly be using it for paintball weekends. all i own at the minute is a tippman cronus (in my profile picture) so i'd like to have one that can at least compete with high end stuff.

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
I'd avoid a rail personally, I'd look to pick up a dm from a few years back. There's a dm14 on here for 280!

Reactions: Spikerz

RyanMack

Nov 25, 2012
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
I got a 2nd hand rail as a backup and spent about £60 on an asa and feedneck etc to get it up to standard. So if it were me, out of the two i would go for the rail maxxed.
But as a PE lover i would say spend a bit more on a 2nd hand etek/ego :)