Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Proto Reflex Rail, Spyder Fenix or Invert Mini

Myles505

Cardinals
Jan 4, 2015
Hi everyone
I have found deals for all the markers mentioned in the title for around £150. These markers all seem like decent markers so I was wondering which one you people thought was the best value for money based on performance, looks, reliability and any others factors you could think of. Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Myles

Caffeine

Jun 17, 2014
Can't say I'm an expert on the three markers but I can tell you for a fact that the Rail and Mini are definitely better than the Fenix so consider this a question between the two.
I know that the Mini comes in different generations and the Rail comes in different year versions. For £150 they're probably both older versions but you can't say for sure what older version and I can't say for sure the minor differences between different versions. So that could possibly make a difference as to which is better.
I know both are decent though, so whichever you go for between the rail and mini you'll most likely have a nice marker :)

Reactions: Myles505

Myles505

Cardinals
Jan 4, 2015
Can't say I'm an expert on the three markers but I can tell you for a fact that the Rail and Mini are definitely better than the Fenix so consider this a question between the two.
I know that the Mini comes in different generations and the Rail comes in different year versions. For £150 they're probably both older versions but you can't say for sure what older version and I can't say for sure the minor differences between different versions. So that could possibly make a difference as to which is better.
I know both are decent though, so whichever you go for between the rail and mini you'll most likely have a nice marker :)
The main difference for me is that the reflex rail is second hand for £160 but normally costs £400 and the mini I could get new for around the same price. What do you think?

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
The main difference for me is that the reflex rail is second hand for £160 but normally costs £400 and the mini I could get new for around the same price. What do you think?

As above, disregard the Fenix. It's a very cheaply made marker and you'll find yourself hating it.

With the Reflex Rail, it's a good buy. It's not great on paint or efficiency, and requires a bit of maintenance. If you don't mind cracking it open after every weekend's worth of play, wiping down & re-lubing the firing assembly, they'll shoot well, for a long time. Take the time to learn the manual and understand how it works, as well as put decent (Duracell Ultra/Energiser/Energy Paintball) batteries in it, you should never have an issue. Remember that on Rails, 90% of problems can be solved with a new battery.

The Mini - well, if it fits you from an ergonomic standpoint, and it works, the likelihood is that it will continue to work. However. If it goes wrong, that's a whole other story. They're a bit of a pain in the arse to service & maintain, but they're marginally more efficient and a bit softer on paint than the Rail. A word of warning on the older (G1, G2 and occasionally G3) Mini's is to watch out for the electronics randomly going haywire, the HPRs not functioning correctly and the trigger running away. Suspect build quality was also an issue in the G1's.
(For example, I was on a team with Mini's. Over the course of the day, one started to fire at 22bps for no apparent reason, and wouldn't stop until the air was turned off, the other one had a battery fall out mid game and one just plain stopped working. This was all with 1st Generation Mini's)

For most people, I'd recommend the Rail over the Mini. However, if you're a younger teenager, the Rail will feel a bit uncomfortable in the hands for a couple years.

Myles505

Cardinals
Jan 4, 2015
As above, disregard the Fenix. It's a very cheaply made marker and you'll find yourself hating it.

With the Reflex Rail, it's a good buy. It's not great on paint or efficiency, and requires a bit of maintenance. If you don't mind cracking it open after every weekend's worth of play, wiping down & re-lubing the firing assembly, they'll shoot well, for a long time. Take the time to learn the manual and understand how it works, as well as put decent (Duracell Ultra/Energiser/Energy Paintball) batteries in it, you should never have an issue. Remember that on Rails, 90% of problems can be solved with a new battery.

The Mini - well, if it fits you from an ergonomic standpoint, and it works, the likelihood is that it will continue to work. However. If it goes wrong, that's a whole other story. They're a bit of a pain in the arse to service & maintain, but they're marginally more efficient and a bit softer on paint than the Rail. A word of warning on the older (G1, G2 and occasionally G3) Mini's is to watch out for the electronics randomly going haywire, the HPRs not functioning correctly and the trigger running away. Suspect build quality was also an issue in the G1's.
(For example, I was on a team with Mini's. Over the course of the day, one started to fire at 22bps for no apparent reason, and wouldn't stop until the air was turned off, the other one had a battery fall out mid game and one just plain stopped working. This was all with 1st Generation Mini's)

For most people, I'd recommend the Rail over the Mini. However, if you're a younger teenager, the Rail will feel a bit uncomfortable in the hands for a couple years.
I have quite small hands which pushes me towards the mini but the rail seems like better value as it such a good deal and is more highly rated so I'm still sure :/ thanks for the advice though :)

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
I have quite small hands which pushes me towards the mini but the rail seems like better value as it such a good deal and is more highly rated so I'm still sure :/ thanks for the advice though :)
Where are you based? If you're in the midlands (CPPS) I'll happily show you the ropes on how to service whatever you choose to buy