Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Proto SLG problem

Jun 25, 2009
South West London
Hello all

I recently bought a new SLG and tried to use it for the first time today, however it is doesn't want to work properly.

When test firing the marker, it would fire only every 2nd or 3rd pull of the tigger. I tried turning the eyes off but the problem remained.

To check to see if the trigger microswitch was working properly, I disconnect the air & turned off the eyes - the switch seems to be working fine (You can hear the solenoid activating with each trigger pull when the marker is turned on without air).

I followed the trouble shooting guide in the manual for this problem - pressing the bleed button when gassed up and I could hear something moving bolt wise. I've also tried taking the bolt out and making sure the bolt is properly lubed up (the back part of the bolt comes out easily but the rest needs a bit a push from the front before it comes out), but still the same problem happens.

Any ideas what the problem is & how to fix it??

Cheers

Jun 25, 2009
South West London
During the week i put on a nearly empty 0.8L steel tank and dry fired it two or three times at home to check it actually worked (no problems there).

Tried it with a full tank on the site today (1.1L Fibre at 3000 Psi) and later with a slightly less than full tank. The first time with paint the muzzle velocity was over 300fps, so over the course of a few shots I wound it down to 280 but from the word go on site it had this problem.

Bandwagon

Goldfish69 Photography
Hi,

Before you go scratching your head and wonder what to dismantle next...

Try simply replacing your main 9V Battery with a brand new one, as I am guessing you are still using the original Proto stamped battery that came with the marker. Just pop in a good Duracell (none of your cheap supermarket branded tat !) and that, from what you have described, should immediately solve your problem.

Had the identical same thing happen on Sunday with one of our walk on players. It only actually fired once every 2-3 pulls.

...Oh, and if replacing the battery once does'nt cure it, DO try another new battery. Not all brand new batteries are equal it seems.

Jun 25, 2009
South West London
Lol that might have been me! (unless someone else had the same problem)

Which walk on are you talking about? I was at the Holmbush one (mostly using an Tippmann X-7) and when I went to try out the SLG I had this problem).

Jun 25, 2009
South West London
Well, the only other 9v batteries I have spare are cheap and nasties from the pound shop, but I will give one of them a go....

...and it seems to have done the trick!

Cheap and nasty they may be, but the new battery seems to have corrected the problem.

Muchos Ta for the help Bandwagon.

Bandwagon

Goldfish69 Photography
No worries, it's usually the simple things ;)

... how odd, that you had the problem at Holmbush btw ! I was there and available all day to sort your marker out !

Should you have any other issue whilst playing at Holmbush, just leave your marker and use a spare and 9/10 times we can straighten out any issues people have with equipment.