Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PSP off season shenanigans!

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
i suppose the debate is field layouts released on event weekend = more crazy stuff happening on the field as people try to figure it out as they go. whereas release layouts prior to event = more intricate game plans or even some unexpected gameplans that after experimentation, turned out to work.
With few exceptions, my perception of the process many teams go through with pre-released field layouts is simply that they use the approach of a child playing a piñata blindfolded - they take a lot of random swings until they hit the piñata, then they just keep swinging in the same space once they have located it.

Returning to at-event field layout releases puts a big emphasis back on the ability to read and understand a field at the first look, and also the ability to play heads up paintball - a skill that has been almost lost and certainly overlooked in recent years.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
MS Update

"Many people have contacted the Millennium over the last few days regarding some rules change on the other side of the Atlantic. We want to make clear that we will not be “semi auto only” as the Millennium believe this is an unenforceable rule and very open to abuse.

Regarding coaching, the rule stays the same as previous years. No communication is allowed by anyone (players, coaches, pit crew or any other person) from the designated pit-areas and fenced area near the netting from the spectator’s side, to the active field of play during any team points or matches. (Article 8.9.1).

However, we still encourage spectators to support their favourite team and we believe that the atmosphere from grandstands on the spectator’s side is very important for our sport.

Layouts will continue to be released 4 weeks prior to the event.

If the Millennium is today the best Paintball league in the world, it’s mainly because we have continuously tried to put on the best show possible, but also to be the fairest and most competitive series for teams. We believe that all rules should be applied to all divisions as we are all playing the same game.

Lets together make 2015 a true festival of Paintball, enjoyable for all, but with true and fair competition"

Reactions: Bolter and Marc0

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Nick Slowiak joins Upton 187 crew. Interesting, didn't see that one coming.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Yea he was playing at Pev's in Aldie with Rab and his kids this past week.

G.I. is in VA near Aldie.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Good question Ash, isn't Leival still with Impact? Or did I miss something while trying to snowboard on grass in Austria for the past week and change :)

Also not sure if it was mentioned, Paul Richards is available for hire as a coach again, that's pretty massive.

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
Good question Ash, isn't Leival still with Impact? Or did I miss something while trying to snowboard on grass in Austria for the past week and change :)

Also not sure if it was mentioned, Paul Richards is available for hire as a coach again, that's pretty massive.
Yeah Leival is still with Impact, but there were always the obvious questions about a return to 187 given his limited spins the past year...

Paul Richards for hire is a big deal, but all the top teams have their coaching situation covered, and Todd Martinez is also a free coaching agent, so be interesting to see if/where both those guys end up. Would be great investments for any aspiring team...

Reactions: frobinson

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
Judging by the PB nation threads on paintball revenue being flat,or worse in the US .I very much doubt many lower level teams will be in a position to be employing coaches .Survival and roster costs would take precedent ,however much value added a coach brings.VCK have withdrawn from the pro team ranks and there does'nt seem to be much of a stampede to fill the Art Chaos ,Vicious, VCK hole .Like every year someone like ACDallas will probably step up. But there will be a surfeit of pro players /coaches,in this austere period.