Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PSP off season shenanigans!

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
That's great to hear Ash. I *think* the 65K is for the Platinum sponsorship, which you have to have to cover guns. Which would be why Bob and Daryl were talking about it.

Although, deep down having a bunch of people running around with Angels, Shockers, Air America, Nitro Duck tanks, in protest, would be pretty awesome.

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
Just to touch on this PSP thing again.. A guy on FaceBook, who runs a small custom jersey / soft goods company in the US, who has quite the penchant for PSP-bashing has just posted
"Just got some insight on the new PSP sponsorship program for manufactures.
The price isnt bad for what they are getting
Just wait for the release."

If he feels the need to come out and say that, then it must be no-where near as bad as anyone made out before...
Indeed, absolutely no point in being outspoken unless you know the facts! Elsewhere I seem to recall having seen a post from Planet confirming their support for the league!

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
[B]Weaponized Pimphand[/B] said:
There is no confusion at Raza. We have discussed the situation, and the information that is out there. None of it was released by the PSP, and it is easy to allow other people to tell you want they want to further their own agenda. As Todd stated, we will continue to work on making the best products we can.

As a Player who participates in the PSP myself, I want the League to be as successful as it can be. Unfortunately, the American dream has changed from people who become successful, to people who think they could do everyone's job better/faster/smarter. Any expert in here has the ability to go start and run a league. If you manage to have a successful National league, I'll be more then happy to participate. Let me know when you have it established and profitable. until then, I'll continue to play in the 1 national league that is, and work to improve it.

Anyone who knows me personally, or has met me in person knows that I am Big, Loud, and Opinionated. I have no problem stating my opinion, requested or otherwise. With that comes the responsibility to admit when I have over-reacted, or made wrong or misinformed statements or comments. This is one of those times. I was wrong. There is no conspiracy, there is no crazy plan...hell there is no anything but a half told rumor that was used as a jumping off point to bash and judge.

At this point, I feel more like the guy in front of the angry mob in an old movie...put down your torches and pitch forks, and go home. Give the league the chance to actually announce something themselves. Rest assured that a league with no players is done, and nobody wants that.

Understand too that Todd started this company because he just loves Paintball. The basis of everything we do is still rooted in that mindset. The chance for easy money, or fast profit at the expense of the player, and sport has come and gone many times without Raza taking the bait. We will continue to support the player, and the industry. The PSP is a big part of that Industry.

***Personal comment-not affiliated with Raza****

To be honest, After 37 years on this Planet, and 29 years in Paintball (shout out to John Vida and Splat Action In Molalla Oregon!) I'm mostly just disappointed in myself for being suckered into being upset, and worked up over something i knew nothing about, and being part of the misinformation machine that helped make it worse. I forgot the 1 rule of the internet... Negativity over substance. For clarity, take a virtual trip over to a message board similar to this, that caters to fans of the NFL, or MLB, or NBA.... these are the pinnacle of sports leagues (NHL too, Shout out to hockey fans). These are multi-Billion dollar juggernauts, who constantly deliver the best product in the world. And the Message boards are the same. Filled with Hate, Conspiracies, Rumors, Gossip, and the opinions of every Pseudo-business owner who can do it better. Maybe we should just go back to the Ice Bucket Challenge........

Feel free to agree or disagree as you will... that is your right. Just wait for all the information...REAL information, before you make a decision.
Even the Raza man is at the big backdown...

Reactions: frobinson

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
So what's the opinion on how the PSP are going to handle the current 16 pro teams registered for Dallas? Champs/Challengers still going to exist or just one big division? If it's one big division, do they extend to 4 days this close to the event? Or just resign to not being able to webcast all the games?

Or do they still run with champs/challengers with 8 in each? I doubt any D1 teams are still going to jump up with only a month left, just my opinion.

Banil

Fe
Dec 29, 2007
Psp back down
Originally Posted by pspevents
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Lawrenceville, Georgia – February 14, 2015. First and foremost, the PSP would like to apologize for any unintended confusion to our players, supporters and sponsors. At this point we would like to clear the air for the 2015 season.

There will be no new restrictions for any equipment used by divisional teams (including divisional teams competing Sunday on the Pro Field). Regardless of whether the manufacturer of your product is a sponsor of the PSP or not, you will be able to use your equipment, just as you have in previous years.

Secondly, the sponsorship packages created in 2015 were, for the first time, designed to integrate all marketing elements of the PSP and the live webcast. These packages were designed for all companies, large and small, to take full advantage of the massive marketing power of the PSP network. With the primary focus being the matches appearing on the Pro Field and thus the webcast, it is critically important for the PSP to provide true and equitable value to all of our sponsors.

When other leagues were folding and other paintball companies were choosing not to help the teams, the players and our league, the PSP and its supporters dug deep and saved competitive paintball at its highest level, pushing forward and growing despite the worst economic conditions seen since the Great Depression. We did this because we all started as players, because we love the game, so we fought to keep it alive. Our customers, the players, are vitally important to us, which is why we’ve worked so hard over the years, and continue to do so, in building a great place to play paintball.

The PSP has always taken feedback from our player base, coaches and parents to heart. For over 20 years the PSP has been dedicated to the growth of our industry and representing our sport in the best public light possible. Our goal has been, and will continue to be, to provide the best showcase of competitive paintball in the world.

[\quote]

Reactions: Bolter and Spikerz

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I like the "They've backed down!" statements. I think it was a "let's float this out there and see how badly people react, then we can readjust as needed". Either way, glad to see an actual statement from the PSP.

Reactions: frobinson